R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Saturday, January 26, 2008

VLCD #9 R2P2 - And I hiked my butt off!

(Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7)
(R1P2 LIW 160.4 12-18-07 )
R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Weight lost this round 8.4 lbs.
Yesterday's weight 159.6
Today's weight 159.4
Loss of .2lbs

The hike was great. A little windy and cold. Coming in from the North side of the Superstition Mountains. Everything was green and sprouting on the desert floor since we've had some nice rainfall in the last month or so. I ate an orange on the drive to the trailhead so that I'd have something in my system to get going with and then at each rest stop I had a couple of the chicken chunks that I brought along. Also I munched on cucumber slices. We hiked up and over several little foothills and then some that were a bit higher. Mostly just a steady climb for the three miles in to our destination when it dropped down to a riverbed below with a gently running stream. These streams can be very deceptive this time of year when any rainfall further up in the mountains can cause the riverbeds to become a flash flood within minutes and have caught many unknowing hikers and swept them quickly downstream. Every year we hear about some unwary hikers who die in this manner during the early spring rainy season. Today there was no such threat since we haven't had rain in over a week. Though it had been forecasted for later in the afternoon and there were some high clouds in the sky we escaped without feeling a drop the whole time. We all broke out the water bottles and the snacks when we met at the riverbed and sat chatting and laughing with our friends before heading back up the steep climb out of the little canyon that we had just hiked into. I enjoyed the hike immensely since I had not seen many of the people who came to celebrate our friend's retirement in quite a while. I had no trouble with energy during the hike since we didn't keep a particularly fast pace, but the last half mile was the hardest for me because though it was all downhill at that point, my knees and feet that haven't been subjected to such abuse in so long, began to protest this unfair treatment with every jolting downhill step I took. So by the time I hit the parking lot I was very glad to see the car and get my feet out of those hiking boots! After the hike the whole group met at a Mexican restaurant (yes Jennifer, MEXICAN!) for the actual retirement party. They served a buffet type meal with pitchers of margaritas. Since I had been munching on my protocol food all day and finished up the rest on the way to the restaurant, I was really feeling no hunger at all and it was no problem to avoid the food. I had a little harder time resisting the margaritas, but I was too afraid to take the chance in spite of Jennifer's recent success with trying those boundaries. I'm a little older and don't have quite the resilience and didn't want to risk it. So what I'm telling you is that I actually sat in that restaurant and sipped water with lemon and didn't touch one little bite of the food or chips or cake or margarita's. And it didn't even bother me that much. So my recent attitude adjustment must have had it's intended effect. And combined with the extra protein and fruit, I was just just fine with that and didn't feel deprived at all. The results of my experiment will be seen in the morning when I weigh in and I will try to get to the computer as early as possible to post the results...

--------------------------
Thanks for the congrats Mary, but now that you see what a hiking fool I am, do you still think you can catch me? LOL!

Biz the collodial silver was from a recipe for the sublingual that I found on the other group's file section. I decided to use it instead of alcohol. I've heard that it serves as a preservative and works fine.

And EweWho, the B-12 is a sublingual formula so I heard that it would help with absorption. I'll let you know how it works for her as she continues the protocol...

Jennifer, I've never golfed in my life, but hiking and skiing are our sports of choice plus we love to take our grandchildren camping. I think I heard you mention that you and Ed scuba dive and Bill and I love that sport as well, but living in the desert, we don't get much opportunity to practice it. So every few years when our finances allow we try to plan a trip to get a little diving in...

4 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Girl, I need to find a post that Lynne posted about CS that got me a little frightened of the stuff. I'm just sayin...

Ok, your hike is the reason you only lost .2, you know that right? All that exercise is bound to make your muscles work harder and when your muscles work harder, they need more water. So all in all I think you did PHENOM and you will see a big loss tomorrow, almost guarantee it.

Still, day 9 and your averaging .93 a day, pretty darn good!

Can't wait to see your update!!!!

EweWho said...

I'm with Biz on the CS. I've heard more bad things about it than I have good.

I used B12 in my first batch, but found I actually got better absorption with leaving it out, so have done so with the last two rounds. I just mix half water and half alcohol.

When I think about absorption sublingually it reminds me of years ago when there was an aversion clinic called the Schick Center in central CA. People went there to lose weight. Their technique was to have people stuff their mouths with donuts, chew, chew, chew and then spit it out. People were gaining weight because digestion begins in the mouth! You begin absorbing calories and nutrients sublingually! They didn't understand this and were finally shut down. LOL

I'm so glad your hike went well and that you were able to enjoy the party without getting off track. Good for you!

maryg911 said...

Hey girl, I don't think I can, I'm going in the wrong direction on the scale, ha, but I will give it my best shot!! Sounds like you had a great time!! Wow, I've never been hiking and we have mountains here in El Paso!! Guess it just doesn't tickle my fancy!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Well what happened to posting early...I mean come on-you have fans waiting to see your results! LOL

Nice day of hiking, you painted such a beautiful picture!

Way to be strong girlfriend! Oh, and just so you know 1 margarita has 500 cals so that is one beverage that I don't touch...P2 or not (Ed loves them though)!

Yes, we love scuba diving and camping! We are "full time" RV'ers so it's kind of like we get to camp all year round...life is good!

Good job on resisting all that evil Mexican food-I'm sure the scale will reward you today so hurry up and post already!