R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, January 21, 2008

VLCD #4 R2P2 - Time for an ATTITUDE adjustment...

(Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7)
(R1P2 LIW 160.4 12-18-07 )
R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Weight lost this round 5 lbs.
Yesterday's weight 163.4
Today's weight 162.8
Loss of .6 lbs

The losses might be slowing down a little but that's how it works right? I'm so happy to be back on P2 and losing again that every time I lose, I feel like a winner. Just like Jennifer says!
But before I pat myself on the back too much, I have to confess that this P2 feels a little different for me in a couple of ways. First was the nausea I felt on two different occasions shortly after I injected and the second is that I'm not feeling quite as much hunger as I did last time. But the last difference is that I've been more tempted by forbidden foods this time. Now this is different than cravings I think. A craving is usually for something specific and I'm not wanting anything specific but if there are forbidden foods around I am noticing them more, and wishing I could have them. Last round I would look at food and walk right by it. I was so thrilled to be losing weight that I had somehow turned my mind off from wanting that stuff. I really think it's a difference in attitude. The protocol isn't as new and exciting (even though I am still excited to lose) and I let my attitude during P3 slide from following the protocol to eating things I wanted even though I knew they were no, nos. And my weight suffered for it since I'm still not back to my LIW from last round. So those might be a few reasons but the biggest thing is the attitude. And I'm going to give myself an attitude adjustment right now. I know I won't cheat during this round because cheating is not an option. I will work on planning my meals in advance because being prepared is a key factor. Lunches for the workweek will be cooked, packed and ready to go to work at the beginning of every week. I will not look at or consider the forbidden foods as something that can come remotely near my mouth. They don't exist for me for the next several weeks. I will be strong and positive and dang it, I'll be happy doing it! Yes I will, because attitude is the key to the success of any weight loss program, and just because we have an easy and fool proof way to lose doesn't mean that we can have a lackadaisical attitude about it. But all we have to do is follow these few simple rules and if we do, we can't do anything but succeed!

---------------------------------

Renee, you're a reader too! That's so cool. We'll have to compare notes on our faves sometime!

Jennifer, your comment got me going didn't it? And all this after reading your post from today, which I won't say anything about and won't ever mention again. LOL!

Thanks Biz, I lucked out in the offspring department. I'm going to miss having her on protocol with me though! But you and JPS are right along with us now...

B, thanks for the congrats for me and my daughter!

And Erica, I'm so glad you shared this experience with me and that I was able to help you achieve it. You looked so beautiful today and I'm incredibly proud of you for ALL that you have achieved, not just with the weight loss but with your success as a mother, wife and businesswoman. You have surpassed any wishes I might have had for you in life. You're the BEST! Love, Mom...

11 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Oh Becca! You know what I enjoy so much about your blog? You have such a positive "no excuse" attitude! And the comment to your daughter...so sweet-she couldn't have done it without you!

Okay, so now about your R2P2 experience-(thanks to you EVERYTIME I write that I think of Star Wars, it's so funny to me). My R2P2 wasn't "all that" either but you know its all part of the journey! I see this protocol as something that could have a major impact on many peoples lives and we have to go through all the ups and downs so we can be relatable. You are doing great, and just remember it's another day down and one more day closer to your goal-we can all do it together!

P.S. Glad I could stir up some issues...LOL!

Anonymous said...

Alot of us got a little sloppy with our R2P2 -- we began to take for granted that this was a breeze, we could push the envelope a bit, and, like you said, it isn't new anymore. But. What if this was the last round of P2 you could ever do, due to health issues? I faced that last November when I had to stop due to Painful Bladder Syndrome/Interstitial Cystitis & kidney isues. At that point it was up in the air as to whether I could ever do P2 again. I've worked very hard to get myself healthy and pain-free again, but for awhile it didn't look good. I still may not be able to complete a round -- you better believe I'm going to be strict, as far as the Dr. Simeons protocol, AND the IC diet protocol.

We take for granted that we will always have HCG to fall back upon, and get sloppy. There are alot of people out there who can't do HCG -- they are prone to uterine fibroid tumors, have had cancer, etc... what if, god forbid, you developed a serious condition that forbade you to do HCG -- heart issues, other serious conditions -- it can and does happen alot, especially as we are getting older. Try and realise the possibility that you may not be able to do P2 again. HCG is a miracle tool -- and, being human, we take it for granted. We assume our friends and family will always be around; we assume we will always be healthy, we don't even consider the possibility of loss. We can't dwell on that, we couldn't face life if we did. But next time you give yourself a generalisation about why it's OK to take a bite or 2 of non-protocol food, ask yourself -- would you take those bites knowing that this was your last chance ever to do P2? It's reality.

OK -- now I gotta go find your email to ask you about my tattooed lips!

Becca said...

I had to make a correction to my stats since I had a math error there...
And Lili, just to clarify, I have NOT actually eaten anything off protocol on this round, I'm just feeling more tempted with food. So all the more reason to nip THAT in the bud! My mess up was all during my P3 break! I was BAAAAD! LOL! Next one will be my last and will be by the book. I don't want to take any chances and mess up my hypothalamus reset!

BizBuzz said...

Thanks for sharing this with us Becca, wow, totally excellent post. I love your attitude adjustment. Totally love your determination!

I do believe the round 2 is the hardest round anyone will have to live thru. You're right, the excitement of the first round is gone, the newness is gone. My round two was for the birds.

Anyhoo, it only gets better, if you make it thru this, you can make it thru anything. WOO HOO FOR BECCA!

And oh yeah to what Lili said too!

Wendy said...

Yo, margarita girl!! You have it all right on, a positive attitude is the number one thing you need to be successful on this protocol or anything in life for that matter. It is like planning, if you don't plan you will be in trouble!!

Glad to see you loosing! .6 lbs is nothing to bark at!! CONGRATS!

Paul said...

You go girl. I am a big believer in attitude adjustments and am glad to hear you are too.
Concerning the nausea, many times throughout my P2 I would get sick to my stomach right after the injection. At first I thought it was because of anxiety I got from having to give myself the shot, and then I thought it was because my gall bladder was reacting early in the morning to an empty stomach. And finally I came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to be able to figure it out, and that it wasn't doing me any harm other than making me wonder what the heck was going on, and so I just stopped getting concerned. Within a week the nausea attack went away. I wish that for you.
Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Oops, becca, my bad!! I didn't read closely enough! I DID cheat on my P2R2.

It's all about the big picture -- I love reading your blog!

Unknown said...

Becca, you're doing great. keep going! Your attitude is contagious in the right way and a good encouragement for the rest of us!

Marshall

maryg911 said...

Wow, you are really in control there boss!! Good for you!! I shall read this post everyday when I feel I want a forbidden food or have someone slap me upside the head. I may have to copy it for myself with your permission of course.

Renee said...

Your message to your daughter really warmed my heart.

Also, goodonya for recognizing and tackling your challenges head on. I really think preparation is key to succeeding in this protocol. Our selections are somewhat slim and if we don't have things at the ready, that's when temptation slips in. Especially since so many of us don't suffer from the hunger bug.

Congrats on another loss. :)

beachbrights said...

Thanks for a great post. You're a great motivator. You have a wonderful perspective, thanks for sharing. It gives me something to ponder!

Love Ya, Girl!