R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Friday, January 25, 2008

VLCD #8 R2P2 - That’s the way, uh huh uh huh...

(Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7)
(R1P2 LIW 160.4 12-18-07 )
R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Weight lost this round 8.2 lbs.
Yesterday's weight 161.4
Today's weight 159.6
Loss of 1.8 lbs

Boy did the ole HCG have a surprise in store for me...

That’s the way, uh huh uh huh I like it!

As you can imagine I went around with a little secret smile on my face all day. I not only overcame the gain from the previous day, but got below my LIW AND, drum roll please… I broke into the 150’s!!! So it’s a triple whammy for the good guys today!

On a related note, I have quite a bit of clothing that doesn’t fit anymore and I finally quit trying to wear it hanging off me. So I had a couple of piles on my closet floor and my husband was bugging me to get rid of them. I was just about to take them to the goodwill store when I read a post on the local freecycle group site that was from a woman who had to leave in a hurry from Alaska and needed some business clothes to wear at her new job. So we’ve been corresponding all week trying to get these clothes to her. So yesterday I asked her where she worked and it turns out that she works for a company that is one of our biggest customers and is the account I was assigned to last month! Small world I guess. She was supposed to get them today though and I never heard from her, so they're still riding around in the back of my car. Several pairs of nice slacks in size 12 and 14. And a ton of nice tops. She’d be set for a good long while. Luckily I’ve got smaller stuff in my closet that I’m able to transition into. I did buy a few sweaters right before Christmas so I’d have something new and festive to wear, but I have not bought one pair of pants since I started, (39 pounds ago!) I just keep going further back into the closet to the “outgrown” stuff. So next month when I reach my goal I’ll be breaking the bank! LOL!
I have a little dilemma about tomorrow though. I have some dear friends who are both retiring this month. These are friends that we hike with and ski with and the woman is in my book club, etc. So to celebrate their retirement they organized a hike in the Superstition mountains East of Phoenix. It’s a six mile hike with some climbing. My problem is that I haven’t been doing too much physical activity since I’ve been on HCG and when I try to do a little more strenuous hike, I tank pretty quickly. So I’ve read about some people adding in a little extra calories for times when they know they will be having some higher level of physical exertion than normal so that they don’t deplete the little calorie intake that we have. Dr. S. mentions that more activity can cause a gain but I couldn’t find anything about adding calories to help combat that problem. So I’m going to take an extra fruit and serving of protein and if I feel like I need it, I’m going to eat it. I don’t want to exhaust myself and then gain the next day on top of it. So if it works I’ll be able to report that back to you all. If not and I gain, well that’s a risk that I’m willing to take. So stay tuned for the results since I probably won’t see anyone’s feedback before the actual hike. Happy losing to you all…

------------------
Lili, I did a fair amount of stair stepping my last round too so I've been expecting it, but I was hoping that maybe my body would surprise me. I guess there's still hope for that!

And Wendy, how right you were. But I bed you didn't even think it would be this soon! And my eyeballs are floating with all the water I've been drinking!

Biz, I found some amber bottles with the droppers at a little place called Desert Sage Herbs, near where I work. I used colloidal silver and B-12 sublingual formula to mix. 250IU per day at taken as 125IU twice daily. And for the hot water, we have a dispenser at work that dispenses hot or cold RO water at the push of a button and that's what I use for my tea. I'll have to try the hot water alone, but I'm dubious, let me tell ya...

EweWho, I guess that devil set point lost interest in me. Am I sad? I don't THINK so!!! LOL!

Mary, now you'll really have some catching up to do! So get going! And hope your birthday was a great one!

4 comments:

maryg911 said...

Woo Hoo for you breaking into a new decade!! Yes, I am envying you as well, but I will catch up very soon!! Ha, who am I kidding but I can try. Congrats and let us know what happens with that hike but have fun and take it easy. Thanks for the birthday salute!!

BizBuzz said...

Most excellent! I love it when the big losses STILL happen! Good for you!

I think your plan of attack is a good one, will be curious to see the outcome.

Glad you found the amber bottles.

Why the collodial silver?

EweWho said...

Now I have KC & the Sunshine Band dancing and singing in my head! LOL

Way to go, Becca! Big loss and new decade on the scales!

I'm doing sublingual as well, 200IU per day, divided into two doses of 100. I mix mine half water and half rum. I initially used the B12, but found I don't need it and I feel like I get better absorption without it. Just my opinion.

Sounds like you have bases covered for the hike. Have a great time!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Nice loss yesterday Becca-and in the 150's...that is exciting! I'm still confused about the whole exercise scenario. I have felt so much better not exercising this round. Ed and I really enjoy golfing but think we should wait until P3 to start that up again! You're such an "outdoorsy girl" I love it! Hope you have a great hike, what a great way to spend your day!