R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Saturday, December 1, 2007

I'm a big loser today! And happy about it!

Starting weight on this round: 172.8
Yesterday's weight 168.0
Today's weight 166.8
Overnight loss of 1.2 lbs

I have been smiling all day about this big loss! I was such a stair stepper on the last round that when I got a loss over a pound it usually came after 2 or 3 days of no loss so it seemed like it wasn't that gratifying. Seeing losses every day and then one over a pound is so much fun. But part of the difference may also be that I didn't have a digital scale until the latter part of my last round. So on the analog it showed no loss, but if I had been using the digital it may have showed a loss in smaller increments. So most of the stair stepping effect may have been due to the analog scale. But I sure do like seeing those increments now!
Today I worked on getting the inside Christmas decorating done. Not the tree yet because we still haven't decided on whether to get an artificial tree or not. We have always had a real tree but each year we've talked about getting a fake one. So we've been seriously looking but we're both too tightfisted to shell out the $300 bucks for the one we both like. So we'll probably go ahead and get a real tree one more time and then shop for the fake one at the "After Christmas" sales. It's a risk cuz sometimes they don't have any good ones left, so who knows what is the right thing to do? I also did some cooking today so I'd have some good stuff to freeze. It was raining all yesterday and this morning, which is fun for us because we never get enough rain here in sunny AZ. So it really felt like a good day to make soups and stews. So I made a pot of chili and a beef roast. Mmmmm! I'll be eating good this week!
My husband went to the ASU vs. UofA football game tonight with his "girlfriend". A friend of the family who is a rabid ASU fan and who's son is a UofA alumni. These are both Arizona colleges who have a ridiculous rivalry every year. USA is usually the better football team but UofA will beat them many times just because they are soooo revved up about the game. So I'm sure this very boring to any potential reader, but I only brought it up so I could explain why I'm sitting here typing away on my blog on a Saturday night instead of hanging out with my hubby. My hubby is off gallivanting with another woman and I'm home talking to you! LOL! Isn't it a good thing I'm not a jealous person?

Here's hoping that I still lose weight tomorrow. I'm always afraid I'll jinx myself when I have a good weight loss day! So I'm thinking positive... One more pound, One more pound, One more pound...

3 comments:

maryg911 said...

That's awesome!! The weight loss of course, not about your husband being out with another woman. I stayed home too, it was raining here in El Paso, TX Friday afternoon until Saturday afternoon. I made a London Broil on the grill Friday afternoon before the rain, so I have lots of beef for the week!!

Amy's Blog said...

How could you be jealous when you've just lost over a pound! I used to feel high from seeing drops like that. When you batch make your chili, do you portion meat for each bowl? Or perhaps you must measure equally. Congratulations on your loss & hope you have a great Sunday!

BizBuzz said...

Talk sweet to your scale, it's worked for me so far! Congrats on the great losses so far this round.

Hey, you know what? We are much more fun anyway, so let them have their sports fun, we are having our LOSING fun!