R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Joe's Crab Shack and no broiled fish????

Starting weight on this round: 172.8
Yesterday's weight 166.8
Today's weight 166.2
Overnight loss of .6 lbs

I'll take it! I was afraid that I would follow a good day with a teensy tiny loss day, but .6 is great! I'm worried about tomorrow though because we ended up eating out today. After going out shopping this afternoon, we stopped by some friend's house to see a remodeling project they are working on and we ended up going to dinner with them at Joe's Crab Shack. I thought I'd be able to get some broiled fish or something. But everything was blackened or salmon, or shrimp and I don't like shrimp. So they did have a chicken breast meal that had some stuff on top so I asked them to leave off all the stuff and put it on the side (so my husband could have it) and just bring me the veggies and no rice. Well they did it, but I could see butter swimming on the plate. I thought I had asked for it dry, but oh well. I just tried to squeeze the liquid out of each bite and ate one of the chicken breasts. (It actually came with two!) So I'm hoping it didn't do too much damage. At times like these, you just have to bite (haha) the bullet and hope for the best.
So tell me what you think of my virtual model over there? It's kind of funny because the first time I tried to do one, about a month ago, when I entered my weight, the virtual model looked decidedly chunkier that she does now. So I'm looking at this picture thinking, do I really look like that now, shape wise? This person actually looks slim! So I went into the bathroom to do a reality check and you know what? When I'm wearing some well fitting clothes that hide the little bit of pudge that I still have, I actually look kind of Nice! So now I will have to work on that little mind shift that takes place when you finally achieve what you have been working towards for so long. I have actually been thin for most of my younger life so I know what it feels like, but as you know, I had just about resigned myself the the idea that I would never get there again and would spend these later years as a BIG woman. So I am delighted to have the task of changing my self image one more time and this time for the better!
Becca

-------------------

Mary, Is it still raining there? It stopped here yesterday around noon. I wish it would have rained all night then stopped this morning. We could really use the moisture here!

Amy, I measure the ground beef before I start cooking, and then add one or two tomatoes for each serving size of meat that I have. Usually 1 or 1 1/2 lb which is 4 or 6 servings. I also rinse the ground beef once I cook it. I use beef broth if I have it and lots of chili spices. Then I just try to divide the end results equally into the number of servings that I measured. Last time I made it though, I filled each container to the top and still had enough for an extra serving! They are always delicious!

Biz, I'm talking sweet right now. "That's a good girl now, you don't need to think about that teensy itty bitty little bit of butter on my veggies do you?" Think that'll do it? HeHe!

3 comments:

maryg911 said...

Hey Becca!! Good job on the losses. The rain did stop on Saturday afternoon, have to wait til this coming weekend to see if we get anymore!! Best of luck to ya!!

BizBuzz said...

Yes! That will work, keep those positive sweet chats happening and it will be reflected on the scale. A .6 loss is VERY respectable! Can't wait to see what today brings for you!

You sound like you are so in the ZONE! Take care!

gpcmom3 said...

Becca! Your pic is soooo cute. You and I had similar eating-out experiences yesterday. Mine was at Longhorn and involved asparagus with butter.... Its hard to eat out when you can't control things!

I'll have to try the sweet-talking the scale thing! I've got 4 more VLCD and I want to lose 2.5 more lbs. I'm a slooooow loser but I'm a happy girl with what I've lost.

Keep up the good work!

Brooke