R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Friday, December 7, 2007

Oh, oh, scale acting up?

Starting weight on this round: 172.8
Yesterday's weight 163.4
Today's weight 164.2
Overnight gain of .8 lbs

I think I prefer to think of yesterday's 2.4 loss as a malfunction on my scale and that today it just corrected itself! I didn't do anything whatsoever to cause that kind of gain, so I'll just take it with a grain of salt, and drink more water tomorrow!
We are in full Christmas shopping mode right now. We have most of our grandchildren's gifts purchased, but are having trouble finding what we want to buy for our 11 year old granddaughter who lives in Cary, NC. She wants a drum set! And her mother has actually agreed to this believe it or not! But you know drum sets are very expensive. We are trying to keep the gifts to under $100 each, since we have 8 of the little buggers, but how can you get a drum set for $100? Not possible. We even looked on Craig's list since her step dad said he would go pick it up if we could find a good used one. Even then, the least we could find it for is $200. So now the debate is on. Can we justify spending that much more for this child even for something that is that substantial? We are just hoping that another alternative will present itself. In the meantime, I haven't even started shopping for my husband but he gave me a few ideas today. He's usually not too difficult to buy for. Tools, tools, and POWER tools will do it for him! Then, I need to find something for my DD and her DH, my Dad, and hmmm, I think that's just about it! List is done! Thanks for letting me get it all out, now I have no excuse for finishing on time.
Oh, except for the drum-set. If anyone knows anyone who has a nice used drum set just sitting around gathering dust...

----------------------

Biz, I'm glad I got you to wanting that book. Go ahead and ask for it for Christmas, you'll love it!

Mary, thanks for the vibes and keep 'em coming!

Amy, I love that little bunny too. I was in the habit of changing my ticker style every time I changed my weight, but I love the bunny too much so she's been staying around for a while. I actually sent an email to the ticker people asking for a couple more ticker marker ideas. I don't know if they take requests or not, but I'm hoping they will! And I do use stevia every day with my tea, and a little on my grapefruit or strawberries if I need to.

4 comments:

Amy's Blog said...

Gosh I don't envy you having to buy gifts for so many people! I would never survive. I knew one big family drew names for gifts, but I don't recall how that worked. It would be nice if you could explain the price limit & perhaps the parents would understand or have advice as to where you could get the drums. Perhaps schools have a program for music instruments. I hope your scale malfunction corrects itself tomorrow! I'm quite sure the scale is just being screwy.

BizBuzz said...

Hmmm, can't explain that except just a bounce back from such tremendous loss from the day before. Anyhoo, just let it slide, you are doing just peachy!

maryg911 said...

UUUUgggghh, Christmas shopping!! I went shopping yesterday but for myself, hah!! Doesn't a few drops of stevia help with the grapefruit? Anyway, good luck with the drum set. Maybe the small gain is just muscle fatigue from all the shopping, Dr. S. mentioned something about that in P&I. Best of luck and weight drop vibes are being sent your way!!

BizBuzz said...

just passing thru...letting you know I was here!