R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Busy weekend

Starting weight on this round: 172.8
Friday's weight 164.2
Yesterday's weight 163.6
Today's weight 163.0
Friday night loss .6 lbs
Overnight loss of .6 lbs

Boy this weekend has been busy. The highlight being a party that we went to last night with friends that I hadn't seen in a while. Several people complimented me on my weight loss and I talked to one woman about HCG. I was surprised that she seemed to take in all the details about injections and VLCD without batting an eye. When I remarked that most people are a little unnerved by the details at first she replied "This diet actually sounds very similar to one that I did through a California clinic back in the 70's." She said she kept the weight off for many years but having kids and other factors have put her in need of weight loss once again. Well don'tcha know that you could have knocked me over with a feather! I told her that it was the same diet started by Dr. S, and is now being offered as SL through some clinics as well as others who do injections. She is ready to go order her stuff so that she can start it right after the holidays. We also have several other friends in this group who could really benefit from this protocol and we briefly discussed introducing the idea to them at a girls only party sometime soon. So everything is just moving right ahead. I'm doing just fine with my weight loss and am not having any problems sticking with the protocol. I ended up bringing my own serving of chili (counting the tomatoes as a fruit) to the party and then just munching on raw cauliflower through the whole evening. (I started HCG through a clinic that included cauliflower and broccoli on the food list and I have been eating it throughout my whole treatment.)
My daughter has had a bit of trouble with very slow losses and a few small gains. I'm hoping things pick up for her soon. She mixed a new batch of HCG for us today so maybe that will get her kick started again. But more likely it's just because she is so close to her goal weight and it's going to be a slow process. She only has another 12 lbs to lose and was hoping to be finished by Christmas, but probably won't make it. So we have just about decided to do the planned interruption that Dr. S. talks about, so that we can enjoy our holiday with the family and continue with the protocol when it's over. My husband is going out of town for a couple of days so I will probably just be cooking up a storm and get a bunch of meals pre-made and frozen.
Oh I almost forgot, today I made the Stuffed Chicken Roulade w Sour Apple Sauce from Tammy's Holiday cookbook and it was gooooood! My husband ate it too and liked it except for the celery. So it will be a good possibility for something to take to holiday potlucks and stay on protocol!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Becca,

Just wanted to wish you a fantastic Monday, and thank you for your kind and encouraging comments on my blog! Your "mini-me" is looking great!

Marshall

BizBuzz said...

Excellent! Way to go! Isn't that something? Finding someone that has been on this before in the 70's! WOO HOO! You are doing just fine.

Yeah, I am dealing with my son that is close to goal weight, different issues there. UGH, sending good vibes your way!

WOO HOO staying on plan at a party!

maryg911 said...

Wow, I'm proud of you for not straying from the protocol while at the party, Good for you!! I had done HCG back in the 90's but it wasn't Dr. S. P&I protocol.

Amy's Blog said...

Congratulations on both of your losses! Woo HOO. Ain't it grand when others notice your weight loss? And very cool about your friend who already knew the diet! Very nice that you can bring protocol food with you to pot luck!