R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Late to post and late to bed...

Starting weight on this round: 172.8
Yesterday's weight 162.8
Today's weight 162.4
Overnight loss of .4 lbs

I think I am about due for a whopper of a weight loss day. But as long as I just lose anything, I'll be content. I just read Biz's blog and today's post was quite thought provoking. I think it will go a long way towards calming the communities fears about stalls and plateaus. I've heard many people refer to their disappointment at small losses or no losses as a type of "greed" for daily weight loss numbers, and although it's slightly ironic to use that term, it is kind of accurate. Because many of us currently on this protocol can probably admit to having a bit of an addictive personality type. It may have been what caused us to overeat in the past, and for some of us to go from one extreme to another by alternating between eating like there's no tomorrow and then dieting like crazy to try to repair the damage. Some have admitted to exercise addictions and others have actually had problems with alcohol abuse, so why wouldn't some of us have the tendency to obsess a little bit over this miraculous process that we are going through? So has the thought surfaced in your mind about what we will do once we are at our true goal weight? Will we recognize it for what it is and be accepting of it? Will we be too addicted to the daily losses that we might want to push that envelope even further? I have actually had a conversation with someone who was trying to learn about the protocol who asked if there was a danger that a person who had anorexic tendencies could learn to abuse this method. So all the while I was explaining to her, that with HCG in your system your body would start to react with extreme hunger and weakness once all your abnormal fat was removed from your body and that you would then have to increase your caloric intake to be able to function normally, I was still thinking in the back of my mind, "will I have the sense to recognize it and quit when my body tells me to? Or will I want to keep seeing those numbers getting smaller?" And I have since answered that question with a resounding NO! I am actually so happy with the changes that I have already seen that I would be happy to stay at this weight for the rest of my life. By the charts, I should actually be 20-30 lbs lighter, but the way I look and feel now, I am having a hard time picturing how I would look after another 20 lbs are gone. The reshaping of my body's countours has improved the way I look even with the extra weight I am still carrying. I am determined to follow the path all the way to the end though. I will finish this round and go off the HCG the week before Christmas. And I will either resume after a week or 10 days "interruption", or I may opt to take a 4 to 6 week break and go back for a final round in mid to late January. Dr. Simeon provided us with all the information we need to go the full cycle and his method has a built in safety valve to prevent us from overdoing it so I'm going to trust his protocol and I'm going to go until I feel that extreme hunger and weakness which will signal my final freedom from every last bit of abnormal fat that my body contains. Is everybody with me?

--------------------------------------

Biz, I didn't know that you had watched KT's infomercials. I've heard you say that you haven't' read his book so I guess I was thinking you didn't have any exposure to him at all. But bless his little fanatical heart, he led me here to HCG albeit in a very backward sort of manner! Thank you for your heartfelt words about my post. I guess I have been feeling a little philosophical lately. Maybe you and Paul have been rubbing off on me! LOL!

Amy, Yes I know he "Can't get no respect" can he? Do you really think we would have heard about it without his publicity? Negative or not, it got people to take a second look. So it's weird but I have extremely mixed feelings about him. I still can't stand to read or hear some of his crazy talk about conspiracies and such and I really think he could have done the job of letting the world know and he still could have made money from people buying his book even if he had toned it waaaay down with the crazy talk. So is his extremism just a convoluted sales tactic and a way of attracting publicity? Not my choice of methods, but he is getting noticed. Maybe going to jail would make him an even bigger celebrity... But enough about KT! Let's drink to US!!! Drink water that is...

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Geesh, all goosepimply again! I love it tho, truly. Another fantastic post Becca.

A few things:

KT - Yeah, I have mixed emotions about him as well. I do thank the Lord daily for him having the kajangas to bring this out to the masses - but I also feel that he has done a disservice to some. So although I love what he has done, I still don't love the man. And BTW - I couldn't get through the ENTIRE infomercial! ROFL

Anorexia - OMG - how weird is that??? I was just chatting with my sister yesterday about this exact same thing. She had watched that thing on Oprah about subbing one addiction for another, and how it led to really dire consequences. She asked me if I thought about how I would feel at goal. My goal right now is a little high. I chose that goal in the beginning because, quite frankly, I didn't know this would work as well as it had. I am NOT one to set UNREASONABLE goals.

As it stands right now, I still cannot imagine that I am only 27 lbs from that goal. When I started, I was 100. WOW - even looking at these numbers right now, I get a bit misty eyed.

One thing JPS and I have ALWAYS said, is that we are going to take this to where ever the HCG wants us to go, and not what it says on the scale. The HCG has proven to me, especially on this last round, how incredibly accurate it is in removing the abnormal fat, so why question success?

So in other words my friend, I am SO with you! I think as others get closer to this size, they will come to the same conclusions.

What a way to start my day!

maryg911 said...

Becca, I understand completely about the obsessive disorder, I've been suffering from it this past week. Glad to see you are back on track, keep it up!!

gpcmom3 said...

Becca well said.... I saw KT's infomercial as well. It was strange knowing the "mystery" he was talking about.

In some ways I wonder if a lot of us have addictive personalities of a sort. Or is it addictive if we use "something" to cope with our lives? I have learned that I do make a lot of my own stress and I am responsible for how I handle it. Just because I "don"t know" how I gained 25 pounds doesn't mean I didn't you know? I just don't want to do it again and its my responsibility not to do it again.

Congrats on YOUR loss!!

Brooke