R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, December 10, 2007

Slowly, slowly towards sunshine and rainbows

Starting weight on this round: 172.8
Yesterday's weight 163.0
Today's weight 162.8
Overnight loss of .2 lbs

This is not unusual for me so I'm not too concerned about the small loss. If I'm a little slower than some, so be it. It is still so much faster and reliable than any other method I've ever tried. As a matter of fact, prior to finding this protocol, nothing was working for me at all. I think my body had just been "dieted" out. I had read so many different diets and tried so many that for every new diet that came out I knew after reading just a few chapters what the gist of it was and what other diet it was similar to and what their "gimmick" was. I already knew what types of foods I should be eating for my health and what i should avoid. I knew a lot about exercise and had been active for most of my adult life. But all that seemed to be failing me now. I was sick of the fight and sick of the search and sick of trying to get it all under control, when I clearly no longer had any control.
So why HCG? What called my attention to this one and made me actually spend the time to research it? It must have been the word "cure". No one else had really said that before. It was all about counting carbs, or calories, or lifestyle changes and discipline and you know what? I'd already changed my lifestyle and used discipline and still the weight came back. So even after reading K.T.'s book and being so turned off by his "rage against the machine" rants and his somewhat fanatical phase 1 theories, something still kept tugging at my heart. And I say heart because by then I was becoming mentally resigned to the idea of living my fast approaching senior years as an overweight woman. It was just a matter of how much I could put on the brakes to keep the weight from steadily increasing. But somewhere inside I must have still had just a bit of resistance to that attitude, my heart just wasn't ready to give up. My heart was still hoping for a miracle. So i guess I just listened to my heart for a change. And my heart told me to look past the crazy part of KT's book and see what I could find out about the substance of his book. It told me to search for the source, and that's when I began researching HCG and Dr. Simeon in earnest. And my search first led me to the clinic here in Arizona where I found enough courage after talking to the Doctor and their staff, to take that first step and begin on the HCG protocol.
So that in itself would have been a pretty happy ending, but it just got better, because once I began the protocol and started seeing the fantastic results, I kept looking for other info and found a mention on a forum of the yahoo group that talked exclusively about HCG success stories. And that let me to the HCGdieters group where Biz found me one day and led me to the place of sunshine and rainbows and my heart knew it was home at last! Cue the harp music and birds chirping!
So it is a new beginning for me. At 53 years of age, I know that I will never have to be overweight again. I can now concentrate on other areas of my life that I want to focus on and improve. And that dark cloud that was hanging over me that made me feel as if I was failing at a very important part of my life? It's got a huge rainbow stretching right across it and glimmering streaks of sunlight are breaking through...

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

OMG, I have goose pimples from head to toe, SERIOUSLY! You just completely made my day.

I LOVE YOUR TICKER! Off to the pot of gold, but sweet dear, that pot of goal is within your grasp. It is there for the taking and you are on your way.

I just LOVE this post. OMG. I will be floating all day.

You and I share such amazing similarities. I too first was lead to KT, I watched his infomercial and was so turned off by HIM that I didn't give HIM a 2nd thought. But the talk of Dr S? That is what did it for me. That is who I did research on. That is what put the light in my research.

Oh girl, THANK YOU for this.

Amy's Blog said...

I almost feel sorry for KT. Not too many people respect the guy very much. LOL. I totally poo poo'd his book too. We might've found out about this protocol sooner if KT didn't have such a bad reputation. heh heh. AT least we got to the heart of the matter, eh? Like you, I would like to lose the weight & move on to other areas of my life. You are getting there! Woo HOO for you!!