R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, May 12, 2008

VLCD #31 - Back to basics

R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
Yesterday's weight 149.0
Today’s weight 149.6
Overnight Loss/Gain of +.6 lbs
LIW for Break: 147.8 (5-4-8)
1.8 lbs OVER LIW

Hi all! So today is back to the VLCD after a wonderful week of food variety. I didn't do too badly, but I still can't help but feel a twinge at being over my LIW by almost 2 pounds. To compensate I am doing my first VLCD as a higher protein day than I normally do. I had eggs for breakfast and will eat higher protein for lunch and dinner with just a small veggie for each and no fruit. I'm hoping this will work as a protein day or steak day would on P3 and put me down a little more than just the VLCD alone. I know it may not be necessary since I started injections today, but I also feel that I ate so much yesterday that I need to do penance! But the day didn't start out that way...


I had a piece of toast and peanut butter to fuel my energy for our hike. We stopped by to pick up two of our grandkids to take them hiking but the 8 year old changed his mind and stayed in bed. So we bundled up Sofia and off we went to the trailhead. She just loves to go with us and coos and hums as she is being bounced along in her comfy seat. She charms all the other hikers we pass along the way with her bright eyes and sweet smile. Here is a pic of Sofia and Grandma (me!) on our hike yesterday...





The hike went fine and when we got home my daughter came over with her two so she could give me my mother's day gift and they could go swimming. She gave me a new bikini! No pic here, because it didn't fit. She was trying to find the same suit that Jennifer has in her Mexico pics because I was telling her how much I liked it... so she found it at Macy's and get this... The brand name is "Becca"! So it seems like it's fated that I should have that suit right? But sorry to say the suit doesn't fit. I have a little too much "back" to fit in the size "L" bottoms. So it will be returned... And the search will go on...
So after they left, my DH and I decided to go to the movies. We figured we could go to the afternoon showing and be done in time to meet the family for dinner at 5. But we didn't eat lunch so we were hungry at the theater and just wanted a snack to tide us over. So I had popcorn! My weakness.
Then dinner was delayed until 6:30, so we had to find something to do for the hour and a half after the movie so we did a little shopping then went to Macayo's early for a margarita in the bar. And I was still kind of hungry so we ate chips and salsa. And by the time our kids got there at 6:30 I was feeling no pain from the 1 1/2 jumbo margies! So as you can see, my diet was pretty much blown for the day. So no wonder I was up a bit this morning.
So that's the reason for the gain... And now I have one more thing to say about headaches. I have a problem with headaches when I drink alcohol. It usually limits me to one drink at a time. Well, recently I heard of a remedy for headaches so I thought I'd give it a try after my margarita escapades last night. So after we got home, I took two asprin and followed it with a shot of pickle juice! And this morning I have just a faint trace of a headache. MUCH different than the usual pounding headache that lasts all day. So I've found a new remedy! Hurray! I understand that just the pickle juice alone may help with regular headaches but for hangover type headaches, take the asprin as well...

---------------------------

Hey Liz, we'll be VLCD buddies for a bit huh? Good luck to you!

Biz, Yes I'm eager to read the rest of what Shelly comes up with too... Interesting stuff.

Mary, yes I do like the hiking...

Thanks B, my mother's day was fun as you can see!

Monica, I plan to get back into a more complete routine once I'm done with this last P2. I want to be a fit and healthy grandma so I can keep up with the little ones...

9 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Hey woman, really two pounds? For all that you ate? On a break? OMG! That is to me nothing short of MIRACULOUS! Excellent!

Here is another trick my mom taught me. If you don't want to drink too much (maybe cause you are a tight wad like me) take an aspirin BEFORE you start drinking and you get buzzed MUCH quicker and it doesn't take as much to keep you buzzed.

Not that being buzzed is where it's at, but quite frankly, isn't that why we drink? OMG! LOL I crack myself up!

You done good my friend, pat yourself on the back.

Wendy said...

Yummo!! Mexican is the bomb! So nice to hear from you again Becca. I too am starting out today as I am back in the real world about 8 lbs over LIW... The pic of you and your grandaughter is beautiful!! Have a great day!

Burcu J said...

Hello,
You did great and I liked the pic. ;) Sounds like you've had so much fun. I'm sure you'll do great this round.

beachbrights said...

Did I read that right? That is you with that baby on your back? OMG! You look like you are 20 years old.....OMG! Look at those skinny arms....OMG!!!

triplejtb said...

I still say Becca...you look way to young to be a grandma...1.8 above LIW is not bad for having indulged in carbs...it'll be off in no time

---Jan---

Liz said...

Becca, Look at you and your VERY cute little bundle there! You Look fabulous girlfriend! You also did great on your break! You will lose those 2 pounds in no time and will be on your way to goal!
I know what you mean by the alcohol headache! I don't usually drink hard stuff because of that! I do ok with my vino though! I usually drink 2 large glasses of water befor I go to bed and even that helps. I've never heard of the pickle juice trick though... I'll have to try that some time.
Can't wait to see how you faired for your first day back on vlcd. You are a great support! I'm glad to be starting up again with you!

maryg911 said...

Sounds like you had a great time and that's all that matters. Now, you can concentrate on VLCD again. That 1.8 will be gone in no time girl!! Best of luck to ya!!

Luv ya, take care!!

P.S. You look great woman!!!

Crystal Lee said...

Heya girl! You GrandBaby is soooo sweet. :) Ah it makes me want to have one!
So pickle juice huh?! LOL I have actually heard of that but never tried it. Luckily I do not have the issues with the headaches.

Good to hear from you hon and I will try to post more often. :)
Crystal

Ed & Jennifer said...

Um Becca, I thought that pic was of your daughter NOT you-OMG, you look so young and adorable AND small!

What the suit doesn't fit? Oh Becca!!! Oh well there must be a sexier one out there for ya!

Love the pickle juice trick (I always have my shot of pickle juice but never with an aspirin) ya learn somthin' everyday.

Don't you worry about the small gain (it'll be gone in no time). I'm curious how your protein day worked today.