R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Saturday, May 10, 2008

R3P2 VLCD Break Day #4 - Holding steady

R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
Yesterday's weight 148.4
Today’s weight 148.6
Overnight Loss/Gain of +.2 lbs
LIW for Break: 147.8 (5-4-8)
.8 lbs OVER LIW

Weight is not fluctuating much thank goodness. I'm eating sensibly and avoiding sugars and starches, although I did have a margarita yesterday. But the biggest difference that I've noticed since I stopped the VLCD is that our morning hike today was much easier for me. I hiked a lot faster than I normally do and felt noticeably stronger. Part of it may be that we've been doing it twice every weekend for the last month and I'm building up my hiking muscles again, but a big part of it is that I'm taking in more calories and than means easier access to the energy I need to do that sort of strenuous exercise. So it's nice to know that even though I'm a little slower and more tired when I hike when I'm on the VLCD, that I'm still gaining endurance and once I start eating normally I'll have the benefit of being a little stronger than before.

We're getting ready to go to our potluck part tonight so I'll talk to you all tomorrow! Happy Mothers Day to you all!

-----------------

B, I've been enjoying the break but will be ready to get back to work and finish this round! So yes the race is on! Have a good first VLCD day!

Biz, yes I feel good! And ready to start again on Monday!

Mary, the things I do for my grandchildren! I would never have chosen Peter Piper, but that's where they were, so I had to go! Someday we will be able to eat guilt free pizza again, but never again will we eat a half a pizza in one sitting! Those days are gone forever!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Hiya Becca! You've done great on your break.... congrats! Sounds like the hiking has been good too!I will be starting up on vlcd on monday too. I look forward to it and to having a few pals starting up again too!

BizBuzz said...

Most excellent Becca, I love how you are maintaining, even with a margarita! It gives me hope that my cycling will work out JUST fine. WOO HOO!!! Interesting to hear that your hiking is going better. I am interested to see where Shelly goes with her research, since this is one area I know NOTHING about!

maryg911 said...

Happy Mother's Day!!

You're doing great and sounds like you are really enjoying those hikes!!

Luv ya, take care!!

Burcu J said...

Doing great my friend. Keep up the good work.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :)

applebottomblues said...

Hi Becca... you're doing great on your break! Nice job staying within your LIW range!

I also felt stronger than I expected to when I started working out during my P3. Doesn't it feel great?! Keep up those hikes! You're doing great things for your body.