R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

R3P2 VLCD Day 30 - looking forward...

R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
Yesterday's weight 147.6
Today’s weight 147.0
Overnight Loss of 0.6 lbs
Total loss this round 11.2 lbs

Thanks for all of the great support for my decision to take a mini “sanity” break. Just making the decision has already relieved a little of the stress. I'm not sure if there is a correct way to count your days when you take a break, but I think I will just count the VLCD days and not change the number while I'm on the break and then just start counting again when I start the VLCD on Monday. I have flown through the last couple of days on the VLCD and am ready to have a big P3 breakfast of eggs with sautéed onions tomorrow! I have to plan my menu more thoroughly though so that I’m not tempted to go off the P3 allowed foods. I am planning to have one off plan “cheat” on Sunday when I go to Macayo’s, my favorite Mexican restaurant, because I really want a margarita. So as long as I’ve maintained for the few days between now and then, I think I will go ahead and risk it. After all, I’ll be right back on the VLCD the following day.
I haven’t given you an update on my friend LO for a while. She is doing the sublingual and is on her second short round. Her first round she struggled a lot and lost very slowly. Her total loss for the first 21 day round was 10 pounds. This round, she actually took a one week break before the 21 days were up when she went to Mexico for a week. During that time she gained 6 pounds and when she returned, she went right back to the VLCD and lost the weight she gained within 3 days! Now she is down a total of 14 pounds for this round and considering her break, she is just thrilled with that. She has just started getting attention for her weight loss and is very happy. Her round is just about at an end and she won’t start another until probably July, due to her busy schedule.
My other friend, MM, is also ready to start a new round. She did a round earlier this year and lost about 15 pounds down to her goal. She maintained that for several weeks but also put a few pounds on during a trip to Hawaii. Now she wants to do another short round to lose the 5 pounds plus continue down to when she feels she has lost all of her abnormal fat. I think she will achieve that before the 21 days are up so we will have to monitor her carefully and make sure she ups her calories when she gets there…

--------------------------------------------

Thanks Biz, sometimes you just need to go with what your body wants and mine wants a break!

B, yes, I’m also hoping that will kick start the weight loss too. That would be a welcome bonus!

Thanks CB! I need to post some more recent pics… Thanks for the encouraging words. It really means a lot!

Jenn, yes this is the restaurant with the queso I love! My husband was joking on my birthday that this was the first year we haven’t gone there for my B-day. He told his daughter that they would have to go without me! And let me tell you that THAT wasn’t happening! LOL! I am going to risk ONE real Margarita but if I have any other occasion for drinking, I will definitely try your mixture!

Shelly, yes that’s ONE of the things I love about this protocol, you can take a break and not throw all your progress out the window. It’s just awesome!

Amie, Thanks! I agree about the stress inhibiting the weight loss, so why do it to ourselves!

Monica, maybe “worry” wasn’t quite the right word, but I love all the concern that my blogging buddies have for each other. It’s what keeps me going some days!

Thanks Jan, I’m sure just the few days will give me a great jump start!

Mary! You’re breaking too? Cool! I’m sure you needed it…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- I did an unplanned break, and it all turned out OK. You're so close to your goal weight -- you'll get there. Me too.

maryg911 said...

Nice planning there Ms Becca. As soon as TOM arrives and leaves, I'm back on plan.

Enjoy your break!!!

Luvya, take care!!!

BizBuzz said...

I wondered about that myself, so I came up with the whole Round 5 Cycle 1 thing! Leave it up to the old Biz to come up with something new. ROFL

Look at your friends! How utterly cool! WTG! Have you given an update on your daughter recently?

triplejtb said...

Yeah...lets do it Becca...we'll compare notes and see who has the better plan for staying on track...I'm going for the crab legs...:lol
I'm going to do the same just keep counting days and use this as an extended phase 2 when I go back to it...
--Jan---

PS - I thought I posted on you yesterday...but I can't find it...???

Burcu J said...

Hey my friend, it looks like we are gonna be in competition again. lol. I'm also starting back to VLCD on Sunday. Good Luck to both of us ;)