R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Sunday, April 13, 2008

R3P2 VLCD Day 7 - Party Survival

(Last round LIW on 2-21-8 = 151.0)
R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
Thursday's weight 155.4
Yesterday's weight 154.0
Today’s weight 154.0
Overnight loss of 0.0 lbs

No loss today, but I'm glad I didn't gain because I went to a party and had one and a half glasses of wine. I skipped the fruit for the evening meal since that's what I've heard some other people do when they drink wine. Funny thing was, the first glass made me a little tipsy which is unusual. But I've also heard that you can get intoxicated easier when on HCG so it's evidently true. In my case anyway. I also had a small slice of honey baked ham which was probably a lot worse than the wine and that's what probably made me not lose anything, but like I said, I'm lucky that I didn't gain. Today I ate a little extra because I went hiking. It was not a long hike, but it's fairly strenuous since there's probably 7 or 800 ft of elevation gain. So I had an extra apple and some melba toast to give me a little more fuel for the hike. We took our 8 year old grandson who is a great hiker and goes with us frequently and at the last minute decided to take along our 7 month old granddaughter. We didn't have the right kind of backpack with us for her though since we didn't plan to take her so all we had was this sling type one that goes on the front. And it was a little hard on the back to carry her in that position. So my husband and I took turns and I ended up not doing the whole hike, partly because of that but also because the sole of my boot separated and I had to pull part of it off. These are my 5 year old well used boots that have been glued together once before. Now they'll either need to be re-soled or replaced.
But both of the kids enjoyed the hike a lot. Sofia was very excited to be outside and she cooed and laughed the whole time. We will have to take her again, but we'll remember to bring the frame backpack to carry her in.
I feel like I'm doing well on the protocol this round. I'm still not back to my LIW from my last round but I'm starting to feel slimmer and my clothes are getting a little looser again. I got a lot of compliments at the party last night. My haircut and the weight loss were just part of it. Several people mentioned that I just seemed more content and happy with myself. One more benefit from this protocol!

------------------------------

Thanks Mary, I'm loving this zone...

Amie, I am getting pretty good at ordering for the protocol when we go out, but you can't always think of everything. So we just have to improvise sometimes... Good for you with getting more Michigan people signed up. When are you and Brandi starting?

Regina, that is so nice of you to offer to pay for your kids to do the protocol. It is an investment in their health for life. I am so happy to be able to help who ever I can. The group of friends that were at this party are all trying to lose weight right now, but they are all using other methods and although I've tried to get them interested, so far no luck. But someday, maybe...

B, okay here's another chance for you to catch up! I'm down 4.2. Could be better but not bad!

4 comments:

maryg911 said...

How exciting to go on a hike with the grandkids!! Glad you held steady after that party.

Hey, how come you haven't posted a pic with your new do?

Love ya, take care!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we want a new pic!! He he, I should talk..... my pic is years old.... Glad to see you doing so well on P2, I'm back on board too!

BizBuzz said...

Wow, you are like the bestest ever grandma do you know that? Geesh, I can't even do that with my kids and here you are doing this kinda stuff with your GRAND kids! More power to you Becca!

Liz said...

Becca, Sounds like it's time for some new boots! Sound like you had a good time with the kids!
I love hiking too.... I haven't had much of a chance lately, but once the weather gets better here, I'm good to go! We actually had an awesome saturday. It got up to 70 degrees, which is great for this area lately. Good job on no gain at the party too! I'm sure you will see a nice loss tomorrow! Take care sweetie!