R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Thursday, April 17, 2008

R3P2 VLCD Day 11 - Triumphant

(Last round LIW on 2-21-8 = 151.0)
R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
Yesterday's weight 153.2
Today’s weight 152.2
Overnight loss of 1.0 lbs
Total loss this round 6.0 lbs

Today, when I got ready to post my blog, and I was down a pound for the second day in a row, I kept thinking of the title that Shelly used for her blog yesterday. “Phenomenal woman triumphant.” It's the title of a Maya Angelou poem. It just stuck in my head and I thought it describes how it makes us feel when we are doing well with the protocol and feeling good about ourselves. So it is apt for what I am feeling today today.

Here is the link to her post since I think you will all enjoy reading this: http://smacmolina.blogspot.com/2008/04/phenomenal-woman-triumphant.html

I stuck to the protocol very well yesterday with the intentional exception of substituting my dinner fruit serving for a glass of wine. I have been drinking the remainder of a bottle of Pino Grigio that was leftover from a long ago party and has been stuck in our back fridge for months. I usually drink much sweeter wines such as white zin or white Merlot. Or the sweetest ever, Riunite Lambrusco. Cheap, yes, but oh so good. I’d never make it as a wine connoisseur. The real wine snobs would surely turn their noses up at me, but I cannot be swayed from my lowlife tastes! But since I know that I need to drink the less sweet wines, I’m at a loss. So any suggestions would be appreciated. Because I am surely going to keep it up. I really think it is partly responsible for these good losses. I have been really strict about the eating part of the VLCD but on previous rounds I would stick to protocol religiously for weeks and only average .5 daily losses. So one pound a day is really terrific for me! I could be at my goal in two weeks if I can keep it up.

I heard from another friend who was doing the protocol through her doctor before I helped her figure out how to do it on her own. She is on a P3 break and gained weight on a family reunion trip. But once she got back she knuckled down and got right back down to her LIW in about a week. She’s very happy with her progress and has helped two of her friends start too. I love how that works!

LO is doing okay but has had a few no loss days here and there. Mostly due to some stress from having to get her plumbing fixed in her house. She goes all day without eating and then tries to catch up with her last meal. Not the best scenario for eating and we all know how stress contributes to weight gain, etc. So now that it’s just about over, she has to stop taking the HCG for a bit and take an interruption. She won’t have a full 21 days under her belt for this trip so she’ll be in some uncharted territory but it turned out to be the best option available for her. She will stop her dosage and do 72 hrs on the vlcd then, about a week of eating P3 then right back on HCG and the VLCD. So this is a question that Biz has been asking lately... Has anyone tried this and been successful? I think MaryG might have. Mary? But at any rate, she's going to do it and I will report on her progress when she returns. I'm hoping that she will do fine during the break and then when she returns, be able to continue the protocol to successfully complete the re-setting of her hypothalamus gland.

It's 9pm here in AZ and I'm thinking of hitting the sack early tonight and get some much needed beauty sleep... so nitey nite all you happy losers!

------------------------------

Mary, I just had a glass of bedtime wine so I'm counting on another good loss tonight! More on the walking later...

Lili, it isn't actually a soup base, but a gravy packet. I found a low sodium version of McCormick's brown gravy and the store brand from Fry's, maybe it's Kroger's that was also low sodium. I've tried the brown gravy for beef soups and the chicken for chicken soups. so just check the labels!

B, I would love it if we BOTH had the good losses every day and were tied! So catch up! And as far as the walking goes, I don't think I'm doing enough to really affect it either way, but I'm sure it can't hurt!

4 comments:

Burcu J said...

Congrats on the one pound my friend :) I am gonna do some praying tonight so I can catch up, It looks like thats the only way! lol
Have a good night

maryg911 said...

Yes, I am going to have to try that wine protocol when I restart P2, haa!! It doesn't matter what wine you drink, just drink what you like, let those snobs spend hundreds of dollars, we'll stick to the inexpensive merlots and chards. They're all made the same.

Good going missy, keep it up!!

BizBuzz said...

WOW! Two days of one pounders! YES!!! THat is most excellent...that wine is the key eh?

I will be curious to hear about your friend and how it goes for her early planned interruption. All these people on the protocol in your offline life! WOOT FOR YOU!

EriCrystal said...

Hello Becca,
looks like your doing good. God bless that wine! i cant wait to try it. so, it doesnt really matter if its red or white as long as its not sweet like white zinfedel?
i start on tomorrow round 2 p2 and you best believe i will do a p2 wino version. lol
cant wait....
keep up the good progress..
xoxo