R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Friday, April 18, 2008

R3P2 VLCD Day 12 - HCG at any age...

(Last round LIW on 2-21-8 = 151.0)
R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
Yesterday's weight 152.2
Today’s weight 151.8
Overnight loss of 0.4 lbs
Total loss this round 6.4 lbs

Hi all! I’m still chugging along here… A little smaller loss for today but I’m happy with it. Getting a little closer to my LIW from last round so I can finally start working on weight that I haven’t lost once already! LOL!
I went to run some errands at lunch earlier this week and stopped by SteinMart on a whim. I am still avoiding buying pants and shorts, etc. because I have lots and lots that have been stored up in my closet that fit me perfectly right now. And I vowed I wouldn’t buy any more until I reached my goal weight. But I ended up buying a few new tops. I just love the styles and patterns on the clothes this season. The bold colors and patterns remind me of when I was young but they’re all so updated and stylish. I am trying to keep everything age appropriate and luckily there is plenty to go around! And you know how I just mentioned all the pants and shorts that are now fitting me? Well I haven’t worn a pair of shorts in probably 4 years. Mostly because I just hated how my chubby knees looked. Even the last time I lost weight for a cruise two years ago, they still didn’t look good enough for me to feel comfortable in shorts. Well last week when I was trying all this stuff on, I came across a pair of old favorite shorts. I put them on and went to look in the mirror and lo and behold, they looked fine! My knees have finally lost enough fat to get rid of that lumpy puffy look that they had before. So yesterday it occurred to me that I hadn’t done measurements in a while. And although my stomach and hips haven’t changed too much, wow! My knees have lost two and a half inches since the last measurement and a total of 3 ½ from when I started. Funny how that knee fat just clung on so long and then just finally whooshed away all at once. So now I just need to look into spider vein removal and I’ll be all set for summer! LOL!
I know that this HCG protocol is an exciting thing for all of us, but I’m just not sure if you younger girls (and guys) know how lucky you are that you found this at your age. This is going to save you countless years of worrying and working to lose and keep the weight off. It will save you ridiculous amounts of money from trying fad diets that don’t work. It will save you from having to keep 3 different sizes of clothes in your closet for when you start to gain back what you lost from that fad diet you just tried. It will save you countless trips to the doctor for illnesses that are caused or made worse by being overweight. It will save you from feeling constantly down on yourself and from hurtful things people say and do to overweight people. It will save you from turning down opportunities for functions and activities that overweight people just can’t or won’t do for fear of failure or ridicule. It will save you from camera phobia, where you constantly avoid having your picture taken and then when you do, trying to hide behind anybody or anything before the shutter snaps. And it will save you from wondering whether your loved ones feel embarrassed and ashamed to be seen in public with you even when they would never actually think it… And most of all, it will allow you to go forward through the rest of your life with a positive and realistic body image and the knowledge that you are at the perfect weight for your height and frame. And you have the tools to keep it that way forever.
I’m not going to be sad that it took more than half of my life to discover this secret. No, I’ll just take it as the gift that it truly is that my middle and senior years will be spent as fit and trim as I could possibly hope for. Just 6 months ago I was trying to resign myself to the fact that I’d be spending those years as and increasingly overweight grandma. Gradually adding weight related health problems as I put on the pounds, and giving up more and more of the activities that I was no longer capable of doing. But now that is all reversed and my future is infinitely brighter. I feel younger and more vibrant and so much more attractive than I did six months ago. So I know that now I will be going into the next phase of my life healthier, more active and so much happier than I ever thought I could be. And I’m so glad that you have all been a part of, and joined me in this transformation...

---------------------------

Thanks B! I'm so glad that you posted a pic on your blog and with your profile. Nice to see you finally!

Mary, just keep an eye out to see if I keep having good luck with it. And I'll keep buying the cheap stuff as long as I don't know any better!

Biz, thanks, the one pounders are the best! And yes, I'm really happy to have these friends on protocol with me and I hope to get more as time goes on.

ericrystal, welcome to round 2! I waited a week or two to get brave enough to try the wine since you always lose a little better the first few days anyways. I wanted to see if it would work once my losses started slowing down and as you can see, it did! Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Burcu J said...

Yeah, I feel you about finding this late I know I am 29 but I've been dealing with this for so long its frustrating. I can't wait to come down to my goal and get some pictures taking also :)
Keep up the good work and remember small loss is always better than NO loss..
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a well-thought out and great post. At 46 I can totally relate to everything you described -- the camera phobia, embarrassment, etc.... It's so wrong that fat prejudice is still acceptable in our society.

Great job, great losses, we're doing this successfully together this round!

smacmo said...

Becca, Awesome post! A friend of mine and I had lunch this week, and it's like she said, "People ignore fat people as if they weren't even there." She's going to do the protocol too.

Liz said...

Becca, great post! You are SOOOO right sista! And I know what you mean about the knee thing. LOL Have a terrific weekend and enjoy those shorts! I woke up to about three inches of snow this morning! Arghhhhhh!

maryg911 said...

Very insightful post missy!! I agree, I no longer have chub rub and can enjoy my walks a lot more!!!

P.S. I've got 5 bottles of cheap red and white wine hidden in my closet away from my daughter, shhhhhh!!

BizBuzz said...

OMG BECCA! You did it again, spot on my friend, spot on! I am gonna link to you tomorrow is that ok? Geesh, well thought out and appropriate, and I felt like standing up and saying AMEN SISTER AMEN. Yes, you called it right on. Whew. What a mouthful of things.

Congrats on the knee fat. I am gonna show this to JPS so that she has hopes for her thighs and knees. She keeps feeling like those areas will NEVER go down, but I keep assuring her they will. And look at you! Excellent! You just made my day!