R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

VLCD #27 R2P2 - Happy Birthday DD

(Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7)
(R1P2 LIW 160.4 12-18-07 )
R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Weight lost this round 15.4 lbs.
Yesterday's weight 152.6
Today's weight 152.4
Loss of 0.2 lb.

It was my daughter's birthday today and she chose my favorite mexican restaurant for dinner. So I had to be strong and ignore the chips and spinach con queso, and practically everything else on the menu. I settled on some chicken fajitas and they cooked them with no oil for me.
But before making the final decision to go to Macayo's for dinner, my daughter checked in with me to find out if I thought I could handle it. And I told her it would be fine. And it was. Because I know that once I'm done with this protocol that I'll be able to eat there again without fear of gaining weight. And not because I believe I won't gain weight when I overdo it, I know that I still can, but now I have a strategy for dealing with the gain. And I plan to stick to it. And that's why I won't be afraid anymore. And it feels wonderful to know that I'm free of that one big fear that's been a constant in my life for as long as I can remember. Hard to believe, but it's true!
Oh and I have to tell you all what I'm doing for a birthday gift for my DD. She is a working fool, owns a salon and spa and is in the process of expanding. So she's really busy but has been trying to be more experimentative with cooking. And has recently been trying new recipes. So I bought her a gift certificate for a place called "My Girlfriend's Kitchen", where you can go and assemble all the ingredients to make these wonderful meals and take them home to cook. Everything is pre-chopped and measured and the sauces are already done. You just choose which meals you want from the menu and then go and put them together. You have to make reservations to go and you bring in your own laundry basket to take home your choices. I think it's going to be really fun! Here is the address if you want to check it out: https://secure.mygirlfriendskitchen.com/site/home.php
And I must have been in the mood for cooking myself tonight because tonight when I got home, I whipped together a batch of Renee's Mmmm Meatballs so that I could use them in some Albondigas soup. I used cabbage as the main vegetable for the soup but since it was going to be a large batch of 6 servings, I went ahead and used two roma tomatoes for a little color and an onion for a little additional seasoning. So this is another experiment to see if small amounts of additional vegetables used for seasoning or color will make a difference in how the food works on the protocol. The soup smelled and looked wonderful and I plan to take a few servings in to work to share with my two friends who are on the protocol with me now. One of them, is having a tough time with slow losses and I believe it's due to not getting enough calories in each day. I think she is underestimating her portion sizes so we had a talk today about trying to increase her protein and to not be afraid to eat more vegetables. I may see if she wants to start tracking her food intake on fitday or spark people. I don't track mine consistently, but I have done so extensively in the past and I think I have a pretty good handle on portion sizes to get along fine without it. I do weigh all my meat raw so that I'm pretty close on that, but I don't stress about it if I'm not exactly right on 100 grams. So lunch tomorrow will be fun!

----------------------------------------

Thanks to Mary, Shelly and Biz for your encouragement!

And Jennifer, no those weren't Uggs on my mini-me, but if i could have found some they would be on those feet for sure! I had trouble finding anything that even looked this close to ski clothes but they'll do for now! I was shopping for a swimsuit for her but thought I'd wait till it's closer to spring to show that much skin! LOL!

6 comments:

maryg911 said...

Isn't it awesome how the protocol has taught us about food? With all this weight loss, why would we want to go back to eating the way we did before, right?

I must say again you are doing a fantastic job Becca!! Your daughter seems to be doing very well. Wish her a happy birthday for me!!!

BizBuzz said...

You go girl with your bad self. I love that website, what a novel idea! Thanks for sharing it. I am so glad that you are having such great success with the green beans. And what an attitude girlfriend!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Becca you are so great...have I told you that lately?! I love your blog and you always make me smile!

That is a wonderful idea for DD-we are starting to see those places popping up and it's such a great idea-people are getting smart!!! I even saw an organic deli the other day-NICE!

Aww, my sweet DD will be 8 years old tomorrow...we both almost had Valentine's babies!

Way to be strong Becca and the scale will reward you! I'm looking forward to making that queso...I can't wait for P3!

applebottomblues said...

What a nice gift for your DD & thanks for the website. I found one about 5 miles from my house.

It's great that you were able to handle the restaurant. I'm not feeling so strong right now so I don't think I could have done it. Good for you!

EweWho said...

You are doing GREAT, Becca! Tell daughter "Happy Birthday!" for me, okay? You are a good mama to give such a wonderful gift.

What a nice gesture, to share your soup with the ladies on protocol at work. You are showing them that the food doesn't have to be drab.

It does get easier to handle passing up the chips and salsa, doesn't it? Our reward will be wonderful! The last time I went I watched my son and daughter-in-law eat more and more of those chips, having them bring seconds and thirds, and THEN eat the food they ordered! It was all I could do to keep my mouth shut. Each of them could stand to lose 100 pounds easily!

Burcu J said...

Hello Lady,
Thank you for stopping by.. you are doing wonderful.. Happy Valentines Day :)