R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, February 11, 2008

VLCD #25 R2P2 - The end of the tunnel?

(Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7)
(R1P2 LIW 160.4 12-18-07 )
R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Weight lost this round 14.6 lbs.
Yesterday's weight 153.6
Today's weight 153.2
Loss of 0.4 lb.

It seems like this round has barely started, yet it's been speeding by. Possibly because I've been so busy lately and partly because the protocol has really become kind of second nature to me now. I am probably not doing as much preparation and as much cooking as I did last round. I'm relying more on my George Foreman grill for my evening meals and just using my pre-made frozen soups for lunches, since they're so easy to take to work. And it's obvious from my deviations on my ski trip that I'm relaxing my strict "no cheat" rules when it seems appropriate. But I'm still a strict protocol girl by heart. That said, I must admit that I did try green beans for lunch today. An interesting difference in the way I post and the way the other "early" bloggers post, is that they're talking about their food choices for the previous day, but for me, it's usually the same day's choices since I'm posting so late. And today, I worked from home so I was able to cook lunch in my own kitchen, so I had a tilapia filet with a side of green beans. Now I'm NOT a big fan of canned green beans. I like 'em fresh, or next best thing, frozen. So I keep a few bags handy at all times. But those poor little frozen bags of green beans have been just collecting ice for quite a while. So I rescued one of 'em today. And they were very, very good... So good that I was tempted to repeat the feat and finish that bag off for dinner, but I thought I'd wait to see how they worked first. So that part of my report will have to wait until tomorrow. And that is the disadvantage to posting today's food choices, because the results won't be known until the following morning...
So I can't tell you about those results but I can tell you what's been on my mind for a few days. I'm trying to decide what to do about ending this round. Because it doesn't look like I'll be making my goal before my Park City ski trip since I still have 17 pounds to go. We're leaving on February 22nd and I am sure of one thing, and that is, I want to be off of the HCG for the trip. So I now need to decide if I will do a planned interruption or just end the round and do another short one in a month or so. There are lots of things to factor in, so I have much to think about. I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do. Maybe I'll just continue to throw out my random thoughts on the subject since that seems to be a helpful part of the decision making process for me. So all thoughts would be appreciated!

I will update you on MM and LO tomorrow, but I heard from the other woman who contacted me after finding my blog. She's local and I met with her right before she started the protocol through a local doctor. She is losing like a crazy woman and is thrilled with her results so far.

--------------------------------

Yes, Mary, I am guilty as charged. I quit after just a few though because they weren't all that great. They're going to have to be pretty fabulous to get me to eat more! LOL!

Biz, you always make me feel better about my little "cheats". Like they didn't really happen! But we KNOW that they did! LOL!

Jen, so that's how you judge whether it's a cheat or not? Oh, yeah, I almost forgot who I was talking to here... Oh, I'm such a smart ass!!! LOL! And yes, I've been to Park City once years ago for a ski trip and then once in the summer. I loved both trips. The town is just oozing with charm and I can't wait to share it with my husband! And I will definitely get some pics of me in those cute size 10 ski pants. Too bad my ski jacket is two years old and I bought it when I was trying to hide my behind. Now I need a new jacket that will show it off too! Don't think my pocketbook will stand for that right now though... :-(

CB, Oh I'd just love to pass them on to a fellow HCG loser! And no charge, just the shipping! I'll be sure to keep that in mind...

3 comments:

maryg911 said...

You are doing so good miss Becca!! I must admit, on my first round I ate tilapia and green beans too!! I would only have 1/2 the can because if I ate the whole can I would stall, but that's just me. I like frozen too but canned works for me as well. I just can't stand green bean casserole, weird huh?
Hope you have a great time, again, on you upcoming trip!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hey you hot ski bunny! Slowly but surely Miss loss of .4 everyday. Those little ounces add up don't they?!

I'm crackin up at this green bean thing...Biz, look what she started (wait was it Lili)?

Now about your Park City trip-if it were me (if you dare take my advice) I would end this round be in P3 for a month and then come back for your R3! You know how it is after a couple weeks of P3 you'll be ready again for P2. Ed and I had some weird cravings yesterday and I'm almost wondering if the planned interruption is a good idea. It seems like its thrown things off for a us!

So this round is almost over for you too huh?! My girls are bailing on me....whaaaaa! So I'm assuming P3 will start on the 21st for you?

BizBuzz said...

There is quite a big difference coming on your blog and saying, this diet isn't working and I am doing NOTHING wrong, and coming on and saying, look, I deviated, I am ok with it and I will live with the consequences ya know?

So anyway! Can't wait to hear how the green beans go! WOO HOO!

Looking forward to your decisions. Getting to blogs real late today. Sorry about that.