R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm baaaaaaack!

P4 day 4
Starting weight last round: 172.8 - 11-24-7
LIW 160.4 12-18-07
Yesterday's weight 164.0
Today's weight 163.8
3.4 over LIW

Wow, the last few days have been busy! Took our two grandsons on a ski trip this weekend and that was fun, but kinda tiring if you know what I mean. They took snowboarding lessons for the first time and they both had a good time but the younger one got tired out and ended up sitting out the afternoon session. I thought he would say he didn't want to go again, but he's saying he had fun and wants to try it again. So this is a mixed blessing because we love taking the kids along but it's a lot more work and a lot more expensive (for their parents too!) Then on Sunday it was a party for our 8 year old grandson, Gage. His party was at a place called "Bounce U" that has just a bunch of inflatable bouncy type things in it where the kids can go down a slide and have tug of wars and boxing matches with huge soft boxing gloves. About a dozen or so kids screaming and loud music blaring for over an hour. Fun but chaotic. All in all, quite a busy weekend.
I have been eating just about whatever I want, but I don't think I'm eating as many calories as I should be. I've had a few cookies and some breads and pizza and so far, my weight hasn't changed much at all. I'm still higher than I'd like to be but knowing that P2 is less than a week away makes it less urgent for me to try to lose it. But my daughter asked me if I thought I had "reset" like Dr. S. says we should and I'd have to say that no, I don't think so, but not because his protocol doesn't work, but because I didn't follow the maintenance phase the way I should have. And I haven't really tried to test it because I don't want to worry about gaining a lot of weight and then having to struggle to get back down before I start my new round. So while I can't say that it's completely reset, I do think that my metabolism is much improved from what it has been when I've gone off of diets before. Prior to HCG, I would start putting the weight on as soon as I started eating "normally" and then I'd watch what I ate for a while and then the cravings would start again and I'd be right back into weight gaining mode. So my body is definitely reacting differently this time and it makes me feel confident that when I do follow the maintenance phase to the letter on my last round that I will have the promised results and be cured!

4 comments:

Burcu J said...

Hello,
Thank you for stopping by. You are doing so good, eating yummy stuff and still maintaining well.. We all want to be cured for life dont we :)
Have a good one

maryg911 said...

Yes, Phase 3 and Phase 4 can be tricky. Keep me posted if you start this weekend!!

BizBuzz said...

Hey Becca! Nice to have you back! I think there is really something to these clinics with what they say about the 3 lb difference. JPS and I were having this conversation this morning. I don't ever think that my weight will ever be COMPLETELY stable, in that I am a woman prone to fluxes because of water retention. I have learned that lesson this break more than any other lesson. I feel that I will always flux, but that I have the ability to bring it down QUICKLY now! THat is the difference!

BizBuzz said...

Hey girl, where ARE you?