R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Egg day WORKS!!!

P3 day 21 (last day on P3)
Starting weight on this round: 172.8 - 11-24-7
LIW 160.4 12-18-07
Yesterday's weight 164.0
Today's weight 162.6
Loss of 1.4 lb
2.2 over LIW

I think Biz is on to something with this egg day thing. I wouldn't want to do it too often, but it seemed to do the trick. I like the idea of ending my 3 weeks of P3 so close to my LIW. But I admit that it really wasn't P3 that I've been doing. More like P4 where you add the sugars and starches back in and see how it goes. But as I said before, on my last round I plan to follow P3 very strictly to make sure I KEEP the hypothalamus reset as Dr. Simeon's protocol prescribes. My upcoming round of P2 could start as early as Monday depending on what my husband decides to do. He has agreed to go on the protocol with me but has avoided talking about it and hasn't given me any answers on when he wants to start. So I'll try once more this weekend to get a commitment from him (more commitments already!) and if he's still not going for it, I will just tell him that I'm starting on the 20th and he can join me or not, but I'm certainly not going to plan around his schedule anymore.
We did take a nice walk with a little running thrown in. Walked about 2 miles and ran possible 1/4 mile. I have to watch that I don't stress my knees too much so I'll wait to see how that little bit affects me. We plan to go skiing on Saturday at Sunrise ski resort in northern AZ. We're taking my two oldest grandsons and putting them in snowboard school to see if they like it or not. My SIL is going too and will snowboard with my husband and me. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon so I won't be posting again probably until Sunday so I hope you don't miss me too much! ;-)

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GAGE TOMORROW! HE'S 8 YEARS OLD ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 11TH!
----------------------
Mary, I was surprised when I read your blog yesterday and your subject was so similar to mine. I guess great minds do think alike!! LOL!

Biz, I would be truly flattered if you used my words in your blog especially since I so look up to you and the great work you do in your blog every day. So please, feel free. I'm glad you found some value in it!

CB, you're so kind to say such nice things. Every now and then I just have to throw out some ideas that I've been pondering for a while. I'm glad it made sense to you! And just because you can't share your experiences with those who might benefit doesn't make you selfish at all. If they want help badly enough they will ask and then you can decide to share it or not, but if we all found it on our own, they can too!

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

So totally happy the egg day worked for you!!!

Sorry about not being able to get commitments from hubby - he will lose out if he doesn't do it with you, you only have what? One or two more rounds to go??? It's so much fun to do this with a person (like I have JPS ya know?) - he doesn't know what he might be missing out on!

Have fun this weekend!

Renee said...

Hi Becca!

Thank you so much for your kind words. You're so sweet! It's nice to meet you. :)

I'll definitely have to catch up on all of your progress!

Happy birthday to 8 year old Gage! My bday was a couple days ago and today is also my niece's daughter's 1 year birthday. Lots of January birthdays going on!

Glad to hear this egg day worked. I have to say, I could never do that, but it's wonderful to hear it was a success for you!

Hope to have you back on P2 soon. Tell hubby to get it in gear! ;)

Wendy said...

Thank goodness for eggs!! I too just tried an egg day and volia... Down a couple of lbs!!

Looks like you are doing great with P3... I hope you and your husband do the next P2 together. It is surely easier with someone else. Especially when you live in the same house!! (o:

My husband is actually starting his VLCD tomorrow. I will not begin until the TOM is gone!!