R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, January 7, 2008

Oh did I forget to mention the Popcorn?

Starting weight on this round: 172.8 - 11-24-7
LIW 160.4 12-18-07
Yesterday's weight 163.2
Today's weight 163.4
Gain of .2 lb
3.0 over LIW

Okay, I confess that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to have the buttered popcorn at the movies yesterday. Other than that I was a pretty good girl. But that was yesterday and today I might not have been such a good girl. We went to Old Chicago tonight so my husband could watch the start of the Ohio State game and I had some spaghetti and meatballs with a white zin to wash it down. I ate mostly meatballs but I think there might have been a little bit of spaghetti mixed in there. LOL! But I ate a salad first and when the main course came, I got full very quickly and brought home way more than half of what was served to me. My stepson will be a happy camper tomorrow.
So if we were going by some of the "other" clinic's rules, I'd be within the acceptable range, but I'm going by Dr. Simeon's rules and I know that I'm 1 lb over what is allowed and 3 lbs over where I'd really like to be. So I'll be a little more careful tomorrow.
But I'd like to take a moment here to explain that I'm not meaning to sound as if I take the 2 lb rule lightly and that I'm totally ignoring the idea that a steak day should be done as soon as we go over 2 lbs by as much as an ounce. I still strongly believe that the key to completely resetting the hypothalamus and to maintaining your weight is to strictly adhere to the maintenance phase once you have reached your optimum weight. So I want to emphasize that after this next round of P2 and once I have reached my ideal weight, which will hopefully be determined by listening to my body and ending the injections and the VLCD when I stop losing and begin feeling extreme hunger, I fully intend to follow the maintenance instructions to the letter. I will completely avoid all sugar and starches and continue to do so for a full 3 weeks and not until those 3 weeks have been completed will I begin to add the sugars and starches back into my diet. I plan to weigh myself each day and do a steak day if I exceed my LIW by more than 2 lbs. Because once I've completed the protocol and have reached my goal, I am determined to be free of the dieting part of my life forever.
So I've been allowing myself a little more freedom that I probably should have, but I know that I have the strength and determination to get the job done when it really counts. I have faith in myself and in this protocol and I plan to be one of the many people who have HCG success stories and who are living prove that when it's done right it really can work...

3 comments:

maryg911 said...

Mmmm, popcorn!! At least you had a good time with your hubby. Eat sensibly and that pound should come right off!!

BizBuzz said...

You are so much more of a woman than me. I only did ONE steak day and it was a total loss - and I don't mean weight. I didn't lose an OUNCE and it was harder for me to do that then it was to do the protocol. Seriously.

I am liking my egg day. That seems to really work for me. In fact, I am doing one today!

Are we still on for the 20th?

beachbrights said...

Amen..well said. You can do this!!!