R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Reflections on "Half their size" stories, and a little gain leads to an "Egg" day.

Starting weight on this round: 172.8 - 11-24-7
LIW 160.4 12-18-07
Yesterday's weight 163.4
Today's weight 164.0
Gain .6 lb
3.6 over LIW

I'm not sure what happened with this gain because I did make some good choices in what I ate yesterday, but I don't want to analyze it too much. I was under more stress than usual with my job and I DID have a margarita, so I'm sure that was a contributing factor. Today I decided to try Biz's egg day trick so I've had two scrambled eggs, 3 plain boiled eggs and 2 deviled eggs so far. I will probably have another deviled egg before the evening is out. It's 6pm here now. Oh and lots of water today as well. So I'm hoping that tomorrow will show a good loss for my trouble!
I finished reading the People magazine article today that had all the people who had lost "Half their size". I must admit that it was very inspirational and I was very happy for these people. They looked beautiful, healthy and very happy and they all did it the hard way! But I am also thinking while I am reading these stories, about how much easier it would have been for them (and for millions of others) if they knew what we know about HCG. But we can't tell them...
We can't go on the pages of People magazine and show our before and after photos and talk about how we took injections of HCG and stuck faithfully to a 500 calorie diet and skipped the exercise part and went straight into pound after pound and inch after inch, just melting away from our bodies. We can't tell them that what took them a year or more, we accomplished in a matter of months! While they endured what must have been constant hunger and pushed themselves to sweat off calories for hours in the gym, we comfortably ate our little bits of protein and veggies, drank our water and tea, and just lost and lost and lost. They had to see the pounds come off in increments that couldn't really be measured daily because the small losses would be too discouraging. They would be told to weigh no more than once a week and when they lost 2 pounds for the week they'd be delighted. While for many of us, losing a pound a day was common and a 2 pound DAILY loss was a happy surprise that happened many times during our losing phase. And it's incredibly sad that we can't tell every single person who could benefit from this protocol just how easy it really is.
But we can't. Not just because we might be ridiculed for going against the common wisdom of the medical community and their current attitudes about weight loss. And not because we have no way of actually proving that the protocol works and is not harmful to the human body since we have no clinical trials to back us up. Or not even because it sounds so extreme to mix and inject a solution made from a pregnant woman's urine into our bodies. The real reason that we can't is because some misinformed, government agency won't do the proper investigation to determine that it isn't harmful and is in fact very helpful and they have decided that they will withhold this treatment from millions of obese Americans. And we don't tell the world that we are doing it anyway and having phenomenal success...

Because we don't want that Agency to take it away...

---------------------------

Thanks to Mary, CB and Biz for the encouragement. I really appreciate seeing the comments every day.

4 comments:

maryg911 said...

I guess we both had lightbulb moments, ha!! I need to try that egg day before starting P2 again. Have you decided when you are going to start again?

BizBuzz said...

OMG!

"The real reason that we can't is because some misinformed, government agency won't do the proper investigation to determine that it isn't harmful and is in fact very helpful and they have decided that they will withhold this treatment from millions of obese Americans. And we don't tell the world that we are doing it anyway and having phenomenal success..."

I absolutely LOVE this! Can I put this on my blog??? Can I spend a day talking about this??? I have to spend time on this one Becca, you said a MOUTHFUL! OMG! Did I say that already?

Let me know how the egg day worked for you!

beachbrights said...

I would stand up and clap if you gave this post as a speech!

Thank you for blogging about this. I have so many people in my life that would benefit from this protocol. Unfortunatly, for the reasons you have listed, I can not share the protocol with them. Sometimes I feel selfish, but mostly incredibly thankful that fate led me to the protocol.

WONDERFUL POST! Please update us on your egg day ASAP! I bet you did great!

You're Amazing-
CB

Becca said...

Biz, Please feel free to use this as you like. I'm glad it struck a chord with you and also with CB.
---
CB, thanks for your kind words. We are all so lucky not only that we found this protocol, but that we had the gumption to try it. Though for me it was more like desperation! And the only person I've been able to convince to try it has been my daughter and now my husband, that is if he doesn't back out!