R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back in the saddle again, R2 P2

Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7
LIW 160.4 12-18-07
Yesterday's weight 164.0
Today's weight 164.4
4.0 over LIW


I never got a chance to post yesterday because I was working on other things and before I knew it, it was time for bed. Yesterday my husband finally gave me an answer about when he wanted to start the HCG protocol, and it basically boiled down to "not right now!" mainly because of upcoming travel. I was disappointed but now I understand why he hasn't been acting like he was getting ready to start. It's funny because we talk about everything usually, but for some reason, he just doesn't like to talk about this subject. Must be something going on there that he has to work through on his own. So I'll just be patient until he's ready to talk. So with that decision made, I was a little bummed since I thought all along I'd have him going on it with me and I kind of had a "phooey with him" attitude so I just went ahead and did my first injection this morning. I had planned on waiting until Sunday, but I already had enough for 15 injections since my daughter mixed up a batch and gave me half a few days ago. So I started today! I am planning to eat more than I normally would by keeping my calorie and fat count fairly high, but I won't be doing any major loading like I did with my first round. I've been swayed by those who believe that it isn't needed as much on subsequent rounds and I don't want to risk gaining even more since I'm starting my round at 4.0 lbs over my LIW already.
My daughter called me today and is very close to her goal weight with just 3 more pounds to lose! She had been thinking about what happens if you start up a heavy duty exercise routine once you're done and you gain additional muscle weight. Will the extra weight cause your hypothalamus to mess up again? I told her that no, I don't believe it would unless you attempted to lose the weight you gained by traditional dieting and ended up putting your body into "starvation" mode again. I told her that if she was reasonably sure that she was adding weight due to extra muscle, that she should NOT try to lose the weight but to just add it to her set point weight (LIW) and use that as her new set point. So if anyone has any thing to add to that, we'd appreciate any info or opinions that others might have.
One more thing that I want to post about today... On the way home from work my car pool partner told me that a mutual acquaintance at work who is extremely overweight is undergoing gastric bypass surgery today. This just saddened me so much. I've talked to my car pool partner about the diet and gave him a copy of Dr. S.'s manuscript so I said that I thought it was too bad that I couldn't have shared the knowledge with this man since the HCG diet works so much better than the surgery and is so much safer and healthier. This turned into a lengthy discussion about the diet again and he is still thinking about trying it himself along with his wife. He says that she has to agree and is going to give her the manuscript to read. They could both benefit from this since they are very young and have both put on quite a bit of weight in the last couple of years.
So many people who need it and we can't help them unless they want to help themselves...
-----------------------------------
Yes B, and we WILL be cured! So cool...

Mary as you can tell, my start date is.... Today!!!

Biz, Thanks I'm glad to be back and sorry I missed posting yesterday. I tried to make up for it by sending you an email but don't know if you read it yet. Mostly just telling you what I've got in my blog today.

4 comments:

maryg911 said...

Hey Becca! I started a couple of days ago and today is my first VLCD, blah!! I'm glad to be back on P2, I feel I'm more in control. Best of luck to you and keep us posted!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Hi Becca I was on Renee's blog and read your comment how you think of the little robot on Star Wars when you write R2P2-that is so funny! Oh Becca sorry to hear about your husband...yeah, they need to be ready for it or it won't work out anyway! I just stared a blog and I wanted anyone who is doing this with their companion to have a place to go to compare notes and results! This is our R3P2 and my husband loves this protocol! Men get really macho when they start losing it's just getting them to stick to the rules! About your daughter...congrats to her! Unless she is going to be doing some major weight lifting and focusing on building muscle she won't have much of a gain. The first few days she will probably notice some retention of water (which will reflect on the scale) but once things even out she'll probably lose even more weight due to the exercise and hopefully her hypo will set to a lower weight-keep us posted! Anyway, here is my blog address:

http://www.acouplesjourneywithhcg.blogspot.com/

We've just begun...

BizBuzz said...

Hey sweetie! Got your email, just was on the wrong computer when I got it - it doesn't like to deliver mail so I saw that my reply was never sent! ROFL

Anyhoo, I basically said GO ON WITH YOUR BAD SELF woman! WOO HOO FOR YOU! I am glad you made the decision and you are on your way, I will be there in a few days and we can compare notes!

Sorry your husband decided not to join you. Remember, they have to be ready, and like you said, he could be working on some issues inside that are not comfortable outside.

Renee said...

Congrats to your daughter! And to you for getting started again. Your husband will start when he's ready. Welcome back!