R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Friday, January 18, 2008

R2P2 VLCD day 1, and MORNING SICKNESS????

Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7
LIW 160.4 12-18-07
Yesterday's weight 165.8
Today's weight and R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Gain of 2.0 lbs

Okay so I'm starting at 7.4 lbs over my LIW. Not the greatest but not the worst either. Today was my third injection day and I'm injecting 133 IU SQ. Last round I used 166 and did fine but based on info gleaned from other people's blogs and the HCG2 group site I decided to try a lower dose. Since my daughter had already mixed this batch to make .5 ml be 166, I decided to just fill the syringes to .4 and I'm calculating that that is approximately 133 IU. So last night I didn't have time to cook a meal to take to work for lunch the way I usually did on my last round. So when I woke up this morning, I got up, wrapped a pre-measured portion of chicken in aluminum foil with a sprinkle of seasonings and popped it in the toaster oven on "bake" for 20 minutes and let it cook while I was in the shower and drying my hair. I had several baggies of broccoli all ready to go in the freezer and I was on my way! I usually inject about an hour after I get to work, I'm a leave at the last minute kind of person and I'm usually too rushed to do it before work in the morning. I take enough pre-filled syringes to last the week and keep them tucked away in my insulated lunch bag way in the back of the office fridge. So far no one has messed with them. So I injected around 8 this morning, made myself a huge mug of tea and went back to my desk. About halfway through the mug, I started feeling extremely nauseous. I put my head down on the desk for a while but the feeling didn't pass. I walked outside for some fresh air and it was so cold out there it made me feel even worse. I ended up having to make a mad dash for the ladies room just in time to empty my already empty stomach. And as soon as I recovered and rinsed my mouth, I began feeling just fine again. So can someone tell me what THAT was all about? Funny thing is, when my daughter had some problems early on in her first round, I told her that some women have symptoms that mimic the early stages of pregnancy probably due to the HCG hormone in their bodies, but I really never thought it would happen to me, a 53 year old woman who's endured a hysterectomy and menopause! So isn't that ironic? Hah! I had morning sickness! Too funny. Felt fine the rest of the day. Ate my lunch with no problem, came home and made a batch of chicken and onion soup as well as a batch of cabbage chili. My husband ate some of the chicken soup for dinner and I ate the chili and the rest went in the freezer to take to work next week. Yum! I'm set for a while. I may do a little more cooking if I have time tomorrow and try out some recipes that I didn't get around to making on the last round. I'm going to be very prepared, having learned that it's not that much fun to cook lunch for the day in the wee hours of the morning.

----------------------
Mary, the Mexican food was so good, especially the margarita that went with it! And you know it's COLD here too. We have to protect some of our trees from the frost. My husband put strings of Christmas lights in them and keeps them on at night. Our neighbors thought we were bonkers putting up NEW Christmas lights long after Christmas was over...

Biz I know how you like those short rounds. They sure work well for you. I'm just hoping this round is a good one and doesn't drag on too long. I'll think positive thoughts like Lynn's post today. I'll envision good losses and a quick round! And yes go for the Mexican food and don't forget the margies! Or the Dos Equis, or the Coronas....

OMG Jennifer, Dog treats? Surely you jest? That is the lowest of the low!!!! And you can tell him I said so! LOL. I'm excited to be on my last one too! Woo Hoo we're going to be skinny minnies for life! And I should have a good loss overnight since I had such and extremely empty stomach after my episode this morning! I'll try to post my stats early tomorrow since I don't have to work.

Renee, I just got the George Foreman when I started my first P2 in October and I love, love, love it. Fish is so good with just some seasoning and sea salt sprinkled on. My daughter got one after she saw how much I was using mine. What an awesome invention! And now I've got my trusty toaster oven to cook while I'm taking my morning shower! LOL! We should put up a few GF and Toaster oven recipes on your blog site! HA!

3 comments:

Ed & Jennifer said...

Becca, that is so strange you felt sick! Just a thought...are you drinking a new tea? Sometimes I feel a little sick after I drink some types of tea.

Can't wait to see your losses today-oh, and you eat broccoli?

BTW, we've decided were not going to exercise much on this round...people are saying when they exercise their losses are slowed-heaven forbid! Ed and I joke to eachother that for the next 40 days we are in "HCG Rehab."

Becca said...

Jennifer, the clinic I started with had broccoli and cauliflower on their list and once I discovered that it wasn't on Simeon's I was already used to it and still having good losses so yes, I do. I love it so I'd have a hard time without it.

maryg911 said...

Becca, I'm so sorry for you felt ill. Since you're using a lower dose I can't find an explanation as to what is going on. The only thing I can think of is detoxification, but don't quote me on that.