R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, April 7, 2008

R3P2 VLCD Day 1 - On my way...

LIW 151 on 2-21-08
Yesterday's weight 157.6
Today’s weight 158.2
7.2 lbs over LIW
Starting weight for R3 158.2

Woo Hoo, first VLCD of my last round. I cooked all day yesterday and I now have 8 servings of roast beef with broth, 6 servings of tomato chili, 8 servings of cabbage chili, 3 servings of beef and green bean stew and 24 meatballs. Looks like I'll be working on cooking some chicken meals in the next few days. Most of these are going into the freezer in individual containers. About half of them will be shared with my friend LO, who is doing another short round with me. She bought the meat and I'm doing the cooking. She tells me that she is culinary challenged and even though she follows my instructions on how to cook these meals, they never quite come out tasting the way they should. So if it helps to keep her going, I'm more than happy to share. And since she's buying for both of us it works out just fine... She also really HATES chicken so I'm trying to find a way of cooking it that will make it palatable for her. I'll probably make it into a soup and shred it since the texture is partly what she doesn't like.
This weekend when I started my injections, I didn't intend to load but just eat normally, but how can you resist the chance to get in some of your favorite foods before giving them up for 6 weeks? So we went out to a mexican restaurant, an Italian restaurant and then had some homemade manicotti for (my final non vlcd) dinner last night. I also had strawberry shortcake for dessert. So I can feel as though I indulged but I don't feel as though I went overboard. I did however, put on a little weight. So the first five or six days will be spent getting back down to my LIW from the last round. I'm thinking I can lose 7.2 lbs in the first week without a problem. But if all goes well, by this time next week I'll be inching down into the 140's again!
So all my blogging buddies... Who started this weekend along with me?

-------------------------

Lili, the woman who does a round every year has found a way to actually KEEP her new year's resolution to lose weight. I guess it's not a bad solution. I just hope I don't need to even do it once a year! Did you start yet?

bohemianblue, that is a good point about the food we eat having so many additives that we will always have to watch our weight. I just hope that this protocol will have corrected my metabolism problems enough so that it will be easier to keep to the weight I should be at. And I have seen evidence that I'm getting back on track. I would have gained a lot more if I had been eating like this after going off of a diet in the past!

CB, yes it's my FINAL! I know you'll get there someday soon. You are so close to my weight and we are working towards the same weight for our final goal. So you're right there in my slipstream!

5 comments:

maryg911 said...

Wow, you sound like you're all prepared, good for you!!! Keep us posted!!

Love ya, take care!!

Burcu J said...

Hello,
Good luck with this round my friend. I am sure you will do great.I also started today ;) Thank you for your advice about protein shake, I thought about that but I didn't know which one to get because all has sugar in them as far as I know. Do you know anybody who did protein shake during P2 and had no problem? and which shake they had?

smacmo said...

Go Becca! I can't wait to see less of you!

BizBuzz said...

Great job on the start, can't wait to watch your progress of your final round.

Liz said...

Becca, You Go Girlfriend! WOW what great preparation! And what a deal you have going on with your friend! :) I am so impressed with you! I know this will be a great round for you! I really look forward to watching your progress!