R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

R3P2 VLCD Day 2 - My cheating heart...

(Last round LIW on 2-21-8 = 151.0)
R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
Yesterday's weight 158.2
Today’s weight 157.2
Overnight loss of 1.0 lbs

So what is going on with me? I'm usually so good at this part of it... I actually cheated on my first day of vlcd… And I am NOT one to cheat on the protocol. So this is weird for me… But here’s what happened…
On Mondays I telecommute so I was home for my first day of vlcd. I had cooked all that great food so I was prepared, but I woke up really hungry in the morning. I tried to wait until around 9am to eat my fruit but even after two cups of tea, by 8am I just had to have it! So that seemed to tide me over until around 11am when I heated up my beef and green bean stew. I was so hungry that I ate my grissini while it was heating up. So that’s kind of how the whole day went. I ate everything early and then didn’t have anything left for the evening. I went to bed and tried to sleep but my stomach was just growling. So I got up and ate a piece of toast with peanut butter. And that’s another thing that is just so unusual for me. I never get up at night to eat. Once I brush my teeth and go to bed, that’s it! So for me to do this was very weird. I was able to sleep after that though and I was still down a pound this morning. I’m really hoping that this crazy hunger doesn’t continue. I will try to think of other strategies to deal with it and if I have to cheat I’ll prepare some cucumbers or something to snack on. So far today I’ve been doing a little better. I made it until 9am to eat my apple and noon for my lunch. I am only injecting 125IUs this time though so I’ll keep an eye on the hunger for the next few days and if it continues, I’ll up the dosage a little bit to see if it helps.
My daughter is on her second round of HCG after gaining a bit back during her P3/4 break. She had made it to her goal during her first round, but quit when she made it to the weight she wanted. Now she believes she should have kept going or planned another round because she feels she hadn’t lost all of her abnormal fat. She still had some on her tummy that she couldn’t get rid of. So after gaining some back she’s on the protocol again. So when I saw her this weekend I gave her a bowl of this green bean stew that I made and she just called me to say it was delish and that it sure didn’t taste like diet food. So I guess I will have to make another batch. I’ll try to make a note of exactly what I use so I can write up the recipe for those of you who eat green beans even though they are NOT on Dr. Simeons list. (thanks to Biz for experimenting and finding that we can still lose with them!)

Later the same day...

So now it's the end of the day and I've done just fine with the protocol today. And I still have my fruit for a snack this evening! So maybe I'll be okay after all...

----------------------

Mary, prep is my middle name! An I wasn't even a boy scout! LOL!

B, thanks for the good wishes! And the shakes, I think were EAS, but I'm not sure. I remember this being discussed on the HCG2 forum so maybe you can search there...

Shelly, I'll have to post a "less of me" Pic someday. just like Jenn did!

Biz, Thanks! I'm excited too!

Liz, I'm so glad to be starting again and I'm happy to have so many fun people supporting me! Thanks!

6 comments:

maryg911 said...

Ah yes, after enjoying P3 and P4, it is difficult to get our heads back into the VLCD game ain't it? You'll be fine, just try and hang in there.

Love ya, take care!!

BizBuzz said...

Hunger? Do you think it was psychological? Hmmmm, just curious, glad it evened out for you sweetie! Keep us updated on your daughter!

Ed & Jennifer said...

And the final round has begun!!! I didn't know you daughter was starting with you too-how much did she gain back?

All of P2 foods you cooked don't sound like P2 foods-YUM!!!

Okay, this is YOUR round...get r dun!!!!!

P.S. I'll update our blog tomorrow (not much to report just getting ready for Mexxxxico)!

beachbrights said...

Glad to hear your doing better! I can't believe your on P2 again. Boy, does time fly! Thanks for all the comments. I appreciate all you say!

XOXO-

Burcu J said...

I don't know about the hunger maybe Its more like P3 habbits trying to come back lol.. Congrats on your loss,we both doing pound a day thing together lets keep it up.. I post a question about protein shakes on my blog today , maybe I get some answers.
Have a good one ;)

Liz said...

Hey Becca,
Maybe it's a subconcious thing, trying to get back with it! But you still lost... so that's a good thing! I would love your green bean stew recipe. It sounds terrific!