R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

R3P2 VLCD Day 3 - small loss...

(Last round LIW on 2-21-8 = 151.0)
R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
Yesterday's weight 157.2
Today’s weight 156.8
Overnight loss of .4 lbs

Yesterday was much better as far as hunger goes. I drank lots of tea and water during the day and tried to space out my food so that I wouldn’t get too hungry. I was a little hungry when I first got home from work but I ate my fruit then and that seemed to tide me over until dinner which was grilled chicken and broccoli. I didn’t eat the grissini for dinner and planned to eat it for a snack but then forgot. So I’m surprised that I didn’t have a better loss this morning. I’m thinking that it was a little holdover from my cheat on the first day. So I’m not sweating it. I’ll just look for a bigger loss tomorrow.
LO was down another .5 for a total of 3.
My daughter has been having some cravings and she called to say she was worried that she is sabotaging herself by cheating and then just going on a binge. The initial cheat isn’t that big of a problem but she says that once she cheats she figures she’s already blown it for the day so she might as well eat what she wants. And then she gains. If she stops at just the first cheat she’ll usually not gain, just stall. So I advised her to first of all, NOT CHEAT! LOL! But that if she does, and then she feels like binging on other bad stuff, to try to delay it. Tell herself that she can have that candy if she really needs it, but just wait a half an hour. And then go try to distract herself. Then maybe the craving will be gone. Use that tactic as much as possible and maybe you’ll get through it without bingeing.
She is also concerned that the bingeing will continue when she is off of the HCG. And I really don’t think it will. I think right now, she’s just feeling deprived and is giving herself permission to cheat. Once she’s eating normally again she should be able to try listening to her body again and just feed herself what she needs or really wants at that moment. There is no reason to think that she won’t be able to control herself just because she’s having some trouble now. I also sent her the info on Paul McKenna so she can check it out and see if there is something that can help her… I still haven’t had a chance to catch one of his shows. But I’ll keep trying!
I'm going to call it a day. Happy losing!

------------------------------

Mary, Yes the mental challenge is the biggest I think. But I'm working on it...

Biz, no I'm sure it was real hunger. My stomach was growling, or as an ex-boyfriend used to say. "The coyotes were howling!" I could have made a better choice though. Maybe another apple or something. But it is what it is...

Hi Jenn, I'm trying to make the P2 stuff as good as it can get. I guess I'm just trying to get r dun, as you say!

Thanks CB, I'm so glad we have each other for support too! I sure makes it less lonely!

B, I hope you did better than I did today. And maybe you will get some feedback about the shakes. I'll have to check it out too...

5 comments:

maryg911 said...

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is having such a hard time. I hope she does check out Paul McKenna or even emofree.com for some guidance. Maybe a bit more protein should help. Everything should turn around soon for everyone. The first week is always the hardest.

Love ya, take care!!

BizBuzz said...

Ugh, the 2nd round, it's a horrible time - just give her the support she needs and she will get thru it. And girl, you will do just fine!

Ed & Jennifer said...

I believe the first 7 days are the hardest. Your daughter will do better as the time goes on. Right now her body is de toxing from all the candida and that's why she is having cravings. Tell her to "hang tough!"

Don’t worry about the “small loss” (like when was almost a half a pound loss overnight “small”-LOL) Usually when I saw a smaller loss one day I saw a bigger loss the next-so I'm sure today was better!

Stay strong you two! LOL

Burcu J said...

As long as it's a loss you good.. I am doing pound a day thing I hope it continues, Keep up the great work my friend ;)

The Hopeful Cynic said...

Your sweet daughter - I am sorry she's having some tough moments. This may or may not help: In the old substance abuse literature, they have something called the "Abstinence Violation Effect" which is essentially the "Oh to Hell With It Effect." If I take one drink, I'm back to "day one" and so get drunk. If I eat one Oreo in the bag, the Abstinence Violation Effect kicks in and then I say "oh I've RUINED IT NOW" and then eat the whole bag. This is akin to getting in your car to drive someplace lovely like San Francisco and making a wrong turn and heading someplace like BFE Utah. MUST we drive all the way to BFE Utah just because we took the wrong turn? I'm a big fan of gentle self talk and using the wonderful mothering you did with her (e.g. wait half an hour and if you still want the candy, eat it), only with myself. She's lucky to have you!