R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Thursday, April 3, 2008

LIW 151 on 2-21-08 - Thinking ahead...

LIW 151 on 2-21-08
Yesterday's weight 156.6
Today’s weight 157.0
6.0 lbs over LIW

Looks like I had a little bounce back from the previous loss. Not too bad though...

Yesterday Biz said something to me in response to a comment I left on her blog that really made me think... When I said that I felt that I would have trouble with the "strict dieting" that Dr. S. recommends when you can't do the steak day right away, she asked if that meant I would just keep on using HCG to control my weight in the future. And that made me just think "whoa!" Because that really hadn't crossed my mind. And it made me start thinking about the future in terms of finally being at my proper weight and how much attention I would have to pay to that for the rest of my life, because of course I wouldn't want to keep having to go back to HCG every time I gained a little weight. But it is obvious that I have had problems controlling my eating habits in the past so what if it's just hopeful thinking that makes me think this time it will be any different? And maybe it is comforting to know that we have a solution in HCG and that it will always be there if someday I may need it again. But that really isn't my intention... I plan to do P3 the right way once I've lost all the abnormal fat. I may choose to use an egg day instead of a steak day because I have too hard of a time waiting all day to eat. (I've never finished a steak day for just that reason!) But I really feel that if I can succeed in eating correctly on P3 that I will just automatically stabilize and won't fluctuate much. I take full responsibility for the fluctuations I've had because I DIDN'T follow P3 the last two rounds. But that's because I didn't have the right mindset about it. I wasn't very serious about it because I knew that I'd be going back on HCG again. But when it's the final round and I've made my goal, I really feel that I will have a different attitude about it. I am going to treat it just like another part of the protocol and I will mentally prepare myself to keep eating the same way I have been but just bring up my calories and fat intake to the correct amount for my BMR/daily calorie needs level. And the three weeks of P3 when I'm following it to the letter will help my body get used to functioning without any abnormal fat to weigh me down. So do I think I can really do it? Well, hell yes I do! It is only three weeks out of the rest of my life and it will be one of the most important three weeks of the whole protocol for me. So I have no doubt that I can do it. I won't let myself believe anything else. So just watch me! Tomorrow morning, I'll be taking the first injection of my final round and I'm going to make this thing work for me!

-------------------

Jenn, I will have to make the egg days my corrective action on my next P3 because I have such a hard time going the whole day without eating. I also might try the protein shake day too as an alternative. So I do have a plan!

Biz, we're going to have fun on our final rounds aren't we? I'm excited!

Aime, your friend Brandi sounds like lots of fun. I hope she does start a blog! Hope your stuff comes soon!

B, maybe you should try the protein shake day instead. Just find a good shake that is high in protein and low in sugar and mix them up with water or milk and have several over the course of the day. And I think you can actually have the steak for dinner too!

Thanks, Shelly!

Liz, too bad you can't start with us. Did you consider just doing an interruption for your Vegas trip?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vaguely remember a person who posted on one of the boards last summer that she did a round of hcg every January, and had done so for years, as she was "fond of her cheese and wine". Ideally this should be our 'cure'. But if it's not, it's nice to know we can lose the weight again, unlike normal dieting that increasingly lowers your metabolism, making losing weight impossible.

I'm joining you in a few days!

BohemianBlue said...

You know, I think even when we do reach our normal weight, the food we are accustomed today is still loaded with thing that bombard our body, with the preservatives, food dyes, transfat, and fast food, etc., so ANY diet won't just let you get away with eating food like that without checking yourself every so often. I already know I'm going to need to watch my weight after hcg, but I also know that I will never have a hard time trying to keep the weight off once I'm through. And I know how you feel about having the right mindset, so I'm with you on that. We're all stronger together, and we're all gonna get through this!

beachbrights said...

Good Post! I am glad you are starting your FINAL round (I can't wait til I say those words!). Thanks for all the comments and support lately.

Love ya-