R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Sunday, February 3, 2008

VLCD #17 R2P2 - $40 richer and boy did we have fun!

(Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7)
(R1P2 LIW 160.4 12-18-07 )
R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Weight lost this round 12.4 lbs.
Yesterday's weight 155.8
Today's weight 155.4
Loss of .4 lbs

Superbowl party tonight and CONGRATULATIONS to Monica and all the other Giants FANS! Wow, I'm not even that much of a football fan and I enjoyed the game! Part of it could be that I won $40 bucks on the football pool! Or it might have been that several people noticed and complimented me on my weight loss. Or maybe that I was actually able to avoid all of the forbidden foods and let me tell you there was a very hefty spread there. Mostly Mexican food. I must admit to a little "cheat" though... The hosts had a big bin of fresh picked pink grapefruit and another of Arizona sweet oranges from their tree. They were encouraging us all to take as many as we wanted home with us. So I bagged up about 12 of the absolutely HUGE grapefruit and a dozen or so oranges and couldn't resist peeling and eating one. Even though I had already had my fruit for the day. So I had an extra portion of fruit... We'll see if it hurts my weight loss tomorrow. I stuck to plan otherwise. I made the chicken fingers and they were just delish! Along with a big baggie of cucumbers I was quite satisfied to munch on them everytime I got too interested in the food. So all in all quite a fun time for us all!
I did talk to a few people about the protocol. One of them is a woman who did the protocol at a clinic in California in the 70's. She is interested in trying it again I think. So maybe...
Okay, it's late and my hubby just turned out the lights so I better wind this up. And I PROMISE I'll post the Spinach con Queso recipe tomorrow. It is P3 legal and I've used it to dip in veggies before and grissini might work too...

-----------------------

Thanks Lili, yes it was fun!

Yes Biz, I'm loving seeing a loss every day!

Monica, I'll have to see if she has any good Giants stories for us when we talk to her tomorrow. I know you're loving life right now after that great game!

Mary, I'll post the recipe asap. I've missed getting around to all the blogs myself and will have some catching up to do when I get to yours tomorrow. Hope you're doing well.

Jennifer, yes I keep reminding him that I'm 155lbs for goodness sake! I'm NOT anorexic!!! Then I give him some hugs and kisses and tell him how much I love him.... whoops too mushy huh?

Shelly, cool now I know your name. I will link to your blog too so I can check it out every day!

Regina, I am wanting to just tell everyone about it but I do know that some people just aren't going to take it well. So you have to be careful.
Oh and aren't grandkids the best! I've got 8! Gotta love 'em.

Crystal, yeah I don't know why I did it that high, I usually am a little lower too, must have been short on time and was already dressed! LOL!

6 comments:

maryg911 said...

Congrats on the winnings!! That's cool that they have grapefruit and orange trees!! A cheat? as long as it was with allowable food, I wouldn't consider it a cheat. Good for you for sticking to the protocol during the game!!

EweWho said...

If there is one thing I miss about CA it is the ability to have citrus trees growing in a back yard. There is no way one could survive the cold here in OK.

I think you did remarkably well considering there must have been lots of good food staring you in the face.

I hope you were able to get a good night's sleep after the excitement of winning that pool!

BizBuzz said...

Congrats on a job well done! And that wasn't really a cheat you silly woman! ROFL - You done good!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what THEY all said -- congrats for not cheating -- and fresh fruit is hardly a cheat -- I miss that about my California home, too.

Ed & Jennifer said...

Oh, you baaaad girl Becca, an extra fruit?

OMG, your such a good girl, like me (hee, hee)!

Okay, I'm waiting for that recipe!

applebottomblues said...

I think you did a great job at the party, especially after getting all those compliments. That's When I usually get weak. I'll bet that orange was sooo sweet. Nice job!

And Congrats on winning the pool!