R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

VLCD #19 R2P2 - I keep my promises...

(Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7)
(R1P2 LIW 160.4 12-18-07 )
R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Weight lost this round 12.8 lbs.
Yesterday's weight 155.
Today's weight 155.0
Loss of 0.0 lbs

I guess I fell prey to the self fulfilling prophecy when I said I was afraid I would jinx myself because look at that big double zero up there today! LOL! No, I just didn't get in enough water I think. So today I worked on taking care of that problem.
I don't know if anyone has noticed or not, but I've been having a very hard time keeping up with writing my own blog and making the rounds of all the other blogs and commenting on them as well. And forget about trying to read the posts on the forum. There's just not enough time to get it all done. Having to work for a living really gets in the way of LIVING sometimes doesn't it? Oh well, just know that I'm trying to read all the blogs even if I don't always have time to add comments and I try to catch up when I can. Today, I took the extra time to type up the Spinach Con Queso recipe. Keep in mind that I usually just start adding stuff to the pot until it looks or tastes right so if you're making it and it seems like a little more of this or that should be added, well go for it. This recipe is based on the dip that is made at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Macayo's in Ahwatukee, Arizona. It's the best I've ever tasted and I get it every time I go there (for the last 15 years or so!) So when my stepdaughter took a job there about 8 years ago I asked her to see if she could get the recipe for me. Well, the closest she could come was to just give me a list of the ingredients and then I just experimented until I have a darn close match. It gets raves at any party I take it too, but if you just want to make it for the family, you'll probably want to cut the batch size in half at least! So here goes:

Oh wait, I have to remind everyone it's for P3 ONLY!

"Becca's wannabe Spinach Con Queso"

Ingredients
24 oz cream cheese
12 oz velveeta
1/2 cup of half and half
1 four oz can diced jalapeño peppers
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup diced cucumbers
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese

Instructions:
In a medium size sauce pan,
Melt the cream cheese and pour in half and half in small increments to create a creamy
sauce. Use as much half and half as needed to make it pourable but not runny.
Add jalapeño peppers to taste (whole can will be quite spicy)
Cut the velveeta into small cubes and melt into the cream cheese mixture until smooth.
Add tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and spinach and mix well.
Top with grated cheese as a garnish.
And serve immediately.
Normally served with tortilla chips but use celery (or other dipping veggies) for P3.
Serves a whole superbowl party!

----------------------------------
Here is an update on MM (sorry but I'm telling on you!) She had a little cheat that involved a slice of PIZZA on Friday and gained a pound, but went back on the wagon on Saturday and lost it the next morning and then another pound this morning. She's down a total of 7 lbs! Way to go MM!
And I have another friend who just started so I'll see if she will let me give updates on her too!
---------------------------------------

Instead of addressing each person who commented on yesterday's post, let me just say THANK YOU!!! to you all for the great suggestions and ideas you gave to help those who might be struggling with the protocol right now. Mary brought up tapping, which is the Callahan technique I've heard about but never tried. If anyone has a link to this, it may be helpful. Lili, Biz and Jen were so generous in their responses, sharing personal experiences and insights. And CB is such a great cheerleader. And it made it especially worth the effort to hear Wendy say that it helped her at just the right time. I'm so glad to know that it was of some help to you! So I also hope it will help any newbies who are wondering if they're doing the right thing by starting in this protocol. If we all can do it, you can too! Just keep coming back with questions and concerns and there is always someone here who can help!

7 comments:

EweWho said...

There is a post about the Callahan technique here:
http://hcgsupportgroup.forumotion.com/callahan-technique-f21/callahan-technique-lindsey-t93.htm

You should be able to access it even if you aren't a member of the forum.

Thank you for the recipe. If you don't mind, can I put it in the recipe files on the hCG support forum? I'll give you credit for it, of course! If not, that's okay, because I have it. ROFL Or I can direct people to your blog to get it.

I know what you mean about making rounds on the blogs. It takes almost half of my day to read and comment on the blogs and the forum. Never feel that you have to comment on my comments, especially if I am just offering encouragement.

Hey, zeros aren't bad. They are better than a gain!

maryg911 said...

Yes, I hate it when work gets in the way of my personal business!!

Thanks for the recipe sounds absolutely yummo!!

You can also try www.emofree.com for the tapping.

Good for you maintaining!!

Wendy said...

I LOVE Macayos!! Great recipe, I am throwing my sister a 30th birthday party on Saturday. Wouldn't you know I am serving MEXICAN FOOD!! (o: I think I will try out your recipe then!! Thanks Becca!

BizBuzz said...

Girl, if the only thing you ever have time for is to give us an update, do not feel compelled to be a writer, after all, all we are are number hungry fools! ROFL

Drink that water!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Becca, you did jinx yourself! Its okay just don't say it again-LOL!

Thanks for the yummy recipe, oh me oh my!

Yeah, and you don't have to write in everyone’s blogs, just MINE! I'm totally kidding-blogging is something we all do for fun and it should never be work! Please don't feel that you have to comment, we know you love us!

You'll see a big loss tomorrow!

applebottomblues said...

Don't sweat the double 0s. That's better than a gain & you probably lost in inches anyway.

I feel the same way about commenting on the blogs. I wish I could read and comment on everyone's everyday. Too bad I have to work. In fact, I'm at work right now! bad bad Moni... gotta get back to the grind.

Burcu J said...

Hello,
Hang in there in P3 I am sure you will do just great. I am back and I will be checking regularly.
Have a good one :)