R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Sunday, February 24, 2008

P3 DAY 4 - Snow, Snow and More Snow...

LIW 151 on 2-21-08
Today's weight ???

Wow did it ever snow today. The news tonight said it was only 9 inches, but it sure seemed like more than that. We skied at Deer Valley today which is an awesome ski resort, but the winds were so high that they had closed some areas of the mountain. It didn't keep us from enjoying our time on the slopes though, and although it snowed and was VERY windy all day, we just had an incredible day of skiing. Great powder, beautiful long runs and absolutely breathtaking views of the Utah mountains. Our day was cut short though because late in the afternoon, in addition to the heavy snow that had been falling all day, we got caught in a thunder and lighting storm as well and they closed off the section of the mountain that we were skiing and routed us all back to the base. (This is the second time I've seen thunder and lightning during a snow storm which is not that common of an occurance.) And by that time the snow was so thick we couldn't see more than 30 feet in front of us. So we struggled back down with hundreds of other skiiers and decided it was time to call it a day. Some brave souls were still going up the remaining two lifts that hadn't been shut down but we retired to the lodge for some hot buttered rum by the roaring fire...

Folks I have to admit that I have fallen off the P3 wagon again. I tried to be good the first day but had a hard time working with the choices that were available. So I caved and started going with what the group decides. And then just choosing as healthy as I can. So I've been eating lots of soups, salads and sandwiches. I'm just hoping that the bread will be burned off with the extra excercise that I've been getting. But tonight I had the most difficult time when the restaurant choice was Thai food. So I had broccoli chicken over rice. And just tried to go easy on the rice.

So it is what it is. And I feel like I gained a little. And I will have to work on it when I get back because I'm too busy having fun to worry too much about it now.

-----------------------

Biz, I'm glad to see a comment from you. So I guess that means you made your destination okay. I'll try to catch up on blogs in the morning...

Mary, I'm glad nobody has a video of me going down some of these heavy powder runs today because it wasn't always pretty believe me! But it was fun...

Jennifer, Thanks for the recommendation. We will have to give that a try tomorrow night. We know where the WalMart is because one of our friends keeps saying she wants to go there. So far we've managed to avoid it... But maybe now she'll have her chance!

Shelly, it sure is a blast...

And Monica, my stress is long gone!

And thanks for the vote of confidence B. I just hope I can live up to it after this trip!

4 comments:

maryg911 said...

Good to hear you're having such a great time!!! Sounds scary about the lightning and thunder, I'm even scared!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Oh Becca, I've been thinking about you! Thanks for the update!!! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time in all the snow-what a perfect time to be there!

There needs to be 1 rule when you are on vacation-you aren't allowed to be on a "diet!" Enjoy it girl, you know you'll lose anything you gain when you get home!

Be safe and if you go to Wingers order an extra 6 for us...YUM! When we go there we always stock up on the sauce, they aren't kidding when they say it's "highly addictive!"

applebottomblues said...

I totally agree with Jennifer. You know you'll lose anything that you gained quickly when you get back. Just enjoy it and have fun, cus you don't get to go there often. When do you get back anyway?

BohemianBlue said...

Oooh I want to see snow. I live in the south. =(

I hear ya on that P3. I don't think I ever really did P3 myself... more like P3.5, lol. Don't worry it happens to the best of us!