R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

P3 Day 7 - Home again ...


LIW 151 on 2-21-08
Today's weight 153.6
2.6 lbs over LIW

This ski trip was right up there with the best ski trip ever! Our first two days were spent skiing in light to heavy snowfall. But not a problem since we were properly equipped. The third day, we took our scheduled break from skiing and I actually worked from the condo. This was planned in advance so that I could not only conserve my precious vacation days but also gave us a needed break from the physical exertion of skiing. Once I finished my workday, we spent the afternoon wandering the downtown district, stopping in all the wonderful shops and art galleries that line Main Street . We also made a stop at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory where my husband bought some fudge and I got an assortment of sugar free treats. My favorite was the English toffee. But each piece was about $1 each so I had to make every little bit last as long as possible!
Then it was time for dinner and we had been checking the menus of all the restaurants we passed and somehow, we ended up eating at a place that I remembered as being my favorite from past visits… Get this, “ Main Street Pizza and Noodle”! And I started out great with a garden salad and followed it up with PASTA! It did contain broccoli and chicken, but there was definitely pasta on that plate. I split the order with my husband and chowed down without a qualm. Later, I did experience a few guilty pangs but I quickly decided to let it go and just live with the consequences.
The next morning was our last ski day and we awoke to a beautiful sunshiny day! It was just about the most perfect ski day you could ask for. Beautiful weather and lots of fresh snow. You could choose either a soft powdery run or a smooth freshly groomed run from the many mountains to ski down. Plus no lift lines on the high speed 6 person chair lifts made the trip up the mountain a breeze. Park City also boasts a 3.5 mile ski run that goes from one of the back mountains all the way down to the base and we took that one once at lunch time and again at the end of the day. So I’m telling you, we were in heaven! Our flight out was not until 7:45pm so we skied the whole day and then went back to the condo to shower and finish packing. We made it to the airport in plenty of time and arrived back in Phoenix at 9:15pm. No luggage mishaps, the car started right up and home to bed by 10:30. The only downside was that I had to get up at 6am to go back to work! Dang don’t you hate when work interferes with your life like that? LOL!
So this morning, I stepped on the scale with a small amount of trepidation, expecting a gain, but not knowing if it would be one pound or 5 pounds (or more!) So the 2.6 pounds over LIW is not a big concern to me. I’m confident that I can take care of that small of a gain with a single steak or egg day. So today I’m trying the egg day and I’ll let you know tomorrow how it works for me!

Update on my friends: MM is on P3 and at 1.0 over LIW. She’s been doing a great job of sticking to the P3 protocol and is happy with her results.
LO has struggled with slow losses all through the protocol and has decided to extend her 23 day course a few days. She just found out today that she has low thyroid function and her doctor is likely to put her on medication. I’m suspecting that this may have accounted for her slow losses. We had reviewed her diet and never could determine why she was losing so slowly. Does anyone have any advice for her on this subject? She did tell her doctor about the HCG diet and she sounded familiar with it and while she said she would have advised her NOT to do this if she had been consulted beforehand, she didn’t actually forbid her to continue. She said there was not enough evidence of its safety and of its effectiveness. But I think that just knowing that the doctor didn’t forbid it gave LO a little peace of mind. She plans to stay on it another day and then transition to P3 this weekend.

----- To my commenters:-----------------

Mary, the storm was scary but also kind of exciting. The worst part was skiing back in very low visibility and our two friends weren’t wearing goggles, just sun glasses so they were just miserable. They ended up getting on a lift that was taking some skiers back down the mountain. My husband and I skied on down and we were saying later that it was actually fun skiing through the blizzard like that with dozens of fellow skiers all headed back to the base together, hunched over and just slowly swishing along.

Jenn, I sure did follow that “NO DIET” rule! But we never did make it over to Wingers. L We were too hungry to find the shuttle and make the trek over there. But as you see, I did have some other forbidden foods! LOL!

Monica, since it doesn’t look like I did too much damage, I’m hoping to get right back on track. But ooops! I just remembered I’m going to Vegas with my daughter this weekend so MORE chances to splurge!

Hi BB, you know the SOUTH is all across the country and I live in the South too! Too bad your south doesn’t have any mountains like ours does! LOL! And I love your P3.5 version. It fits exactly what I’ve been doing! That will have to be added to our HCG terminology!

3 comments:

applebottomblues said...

Hot Diggity girl... That is excellent! You probably burned alot of calories with all that skiing & walking around. Your trip sounds so much fun. It makes me want to brave the cold and try it sometime :)

I know you were trying to save vacation days, but I always need one more day at home after a vacation. Getting up in the morning to go to work after traveling is just no fun at all, but that's work for ya... have a great egg day girl.

maryg911 said...

You're a hot little momma, aren't cha?!!

Glad to hear you had such a great time and enjoyed yourself!!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

WELL ALL BE...Becca is BACK and looking better than ever! I love your pics-you are so adorable and skinny!!! I am so glad to see what our beautiful Becca looks like...awww what a treat!

So glad you are home safely (it sure hasn't been the same without ya)! And you are barely over LIW-sheesh, you're a pro at this stuff!

Phooey, that you have to work today-hope you have an eggggggggggggcellent day!!!

Vegas, this weekend? What?! I wanna go...(brat)!