R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve in Flagstaff AZ

Sorry that I can't post stats today. We are visiting friends in Flagstaff and I didn't bring my scale. So when I get back home tomorrow, the scale will give me the truth of how I've been doing. I can say that I haven't been going all out crazy with my eating, but I am not sticking to a strict protocol either. I've been eating what is served and just eating a little bit if it's got starches and I've tried to avoid sugars for the most part, but there have been some exceptions! The first evening we were was Saturday, and our friends had turkey enchiladas with rice and beans all ready for us. So I had a little of each. I passed on the ice cream sundaes that they served later. Yesterday we went skiing and stopped in town for breakfast first at a place that served Posole for a breakfast special on the weekends. In case you've never had it, it's a thick soup that's made with pork, hominy, garlic, onion, chili peppers, cilantro, and broth. So I had a small cup of it and it was great. Lunch at the ski resort was a bowl of chicken chili and a few of my husband's french fries (bad girl!) but my big splurge was a cup of hot chocolate with a shot of cinnamon schnapps that I had after I quit skiing for the day. And the skiing was surprisingly good. There was not much fresh snow, but it had been groomed recently so was not too crusty and the weather was very cold 18 degrees at the top, so it wasn't melting too much. Which is usually a big problem at the Arizona Ski resorts. My biggest problem was being so out of condition. I haven't been doing much exercise since I've been doing the HCG protocol and just now started going to the gym again. So my stamina gave out around 2:3o in the afternoon. My husband and our friend kept going until 4, so that's when I sat at the lodge drinking my yummy spiked hot chocolate.
So we'll stay here one more night to celebrate New Year's with them and then go back home tomorrow. I'm anxious to see where my weight will be by then. I have a sense that I will have gained a little, but I'm thinking it won't be too bad.
I would like to write a much longer post about the year end and the year to come but I won't have time today. I'll save that for tomorrow. I'd also like to write in response to the question that Biz posed in her blog this morning. But I need 10 uninterrupted minutes for that too, so it will wait until tomorrow as well. So everyone stay safe and have a great New Year!

________________
Mary, the skiing was fun but my body is complaining today! Thanks for checking in on me everyday.

Biz, I'm very happy to think that I could have helped you in any way and I'm so glad I was led to your blog and was encouraged to begin blogging myself. So you're very welcome, and THANK YOU!

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Becca, looking forward to seeing the results of your splurging.

One thing I have noticed...it's not the sweets that do it to me, it's the salty stuff. When I had french fried for the first time in 6 months on Sunday, I gained two pounds! But the sweets to raise it that high.

Think there is something to that???

When are you starting your next round?

maryg911 said...

Happy New Year Becca!! Sounds like you had tons of fun out there!! Keep us posted.