R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Friday, December 28, 2007

Success at shopping, but not so much at P3 eating...

Starting weight on this round: 172.8 - 11-24-7
LIW 160.4 12-18-
Yesterday's weight 161.8
Today's weight 162.8
Overnight gain of 1.4 lbs.
2.4 over LIW

Okay, I'm more than 2.4 lbs over my LIW. And I'm a little bummed. But I could see it coming. We went out shopping last night and stopped for Mexican food. Last time I had Mexican I gained and this time too. Hmmm, maybe I should learn something from this. I could be making much better choices and I feel like I've been playing fast and loose with the P3 protocol lately and I'm not very proud of it. So I'm planning to be more conscientious this weekend. I plan to try to stick to a south beach or Atkins type of eating plan. We are going to Flagstaff (northern AZ) to visit some friends who usually eat this way. We will be staying over to ski on Sunday, then we both have to work on Monday, but we can both work remotely so we'll be working from our friend's mountainside cabin. How tough is that, huh? And we'll also stay and celebrate New Year's with them and then head home on Tuesday morning. I have to report for Jury duty on Wednesday (I'll call in on Monday to find out for sure.) I've been lucky the last two times and didn't have to serve on a jury, but my luck can't hold forever...
Doesn't it seem weird that this year is almost over? Doing Dr. Simeon's protocol has really made this last part of the year just speed by for me. I still have to remind myself that it's only been a couple of months since I started the whole process and am now some 30 pounds lighter! Just think of how many people in the world who could benefit from this but who will either never hear of it or who will hear of it and think that it's just another fad and not the real deal. I just wish I could tell everyone about it. I am constantly seeing people who need to lose weight and are struggling to get around with so many layers of abnormal fat padding their bodies and I just want to go to them and say "there is a CURE for this!" And it's so sad that we can't share it so easily.
But the good news is... to get back to my original subject, I found the perfect artificial tree on sale for $120.00. It's a 9 ft pre-lit with the more realistic branches and is very full so you can't see to the middle post. It's just what we were looking for at the beginning of the Christmas season and what we refused to pay $400 for. So the wait really paid off. WOO HOO!!!

----------------
Biz, I guess I'm skipping the steak day even though I should be doing that today. With one more round of P2 coming up, I'm not as gung Ho as I will be on my last P3. I will follow Dr. S's protocol to the letter to ensure that I've re-set correctly. But for now, I'll just try to be careful for the next few days and see if I can bring it back closer to my LIW. I know for sure that I'm NOT having the same problem as you of not eating enough!!! LOL!

Mary, how's your shopping going? Now that I have a taller tree, I might have to shop for some more decorations too! I better hurry before the good stuff is all gone though. Did you go shopping? And did you ever finish your snowman?

3 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Becca, I have only done one steak day and it was a complete wash, and I vowed I will never do it again. Today I am 3.2 over, but I am not worried. There is no possibility of this being actual "weight" gain, the whole 3500 calories equaling one pound thing. So I will be taking it easy for the next few days and will see if that brings it down.

This is not an issue. It will come down, just don't stress about it ok?

maryg911 said...

Wow, Becca you got lucky find that sweet price!! I didn't find much, but I found some spreaders with my gingerbread people as the handle on them!! I didn't finish my snowman, bummer, but maybe I'll finish it by next Christmas, haa!! I think we are all ready for P2 again and I feel we will lose all these little gains very quickly!! Have fun skiing!!

BizBuzz said...

Hey Becca, don't know where you are or how you are doing, just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your support this year. You were very instrumental in helping me have the success I did.

I hope your doing well!