R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Monday, December 24, 2007

Fun Filled Holidays!

Starting weight on this round: 172.8 - 11-24-7
LIW 160.4 12-18-7
Saturday's weight 160.2
Yesterday's weight 161.4 (gain of 1.2 1.0 over LIW)
Today's weight 161.0
Overnight loss of .4 lbs.
.6 over LIW

Since I didn't post yesterday (too much going on,) I added both days stats. I did gain after my dinner out at Macayo's but I ate normally yesterday and avoided the sugars and starches and am back down. So overall, quite acceptable. Yesterday I spent most of the day sewing a new Christmas tree skirt for my daughter's tree. It is part of my present to her. She wanted one that had a larger diameter and would extend out from the base further and you just can't find those in the stores, so I found some great fabric and trim and worked on it Saturday and Sunday. I'll have her take a picture of it for me to post here. But when I first bought the fabric and showed it to her, my 6 year old granddaughter was there and asked me if I would make her a "princess" dress out of the fabric. So I went back and bought some more and will be working on that right after Christmas. It will make a great dress too. It's a deep red velour with gold and silver sparkles in clusters all over. I will make it in an empire style with long sleeves and an overskirt of some matching sheer gauzy material. I'll have to post a pic of that too when it's done.
Today it's just wrapping presents and a little cooking. We will have a Christmas Eve celebration this evening at my daughter's house. She is hosting for the family this year and has been cleaning and decorating all week. I'm glad to not have that extra work this year and I've noticed that she needs less and less help from me each year! This year I'm only cooking a couple of side dishes so I'm getting off easy. I plan to eat a little of the honey baked ham tonight but I'll try to stick to P3 protocol for the rest of the meal.
In the morning all of our kids will meet at our house to open gifts. Some will come and spend the night and some will come over after opening their gifts from Santa at their own homes. I will make a big breakfast after all the gifts have been opened and then my husband's kids have to pack up and go to their mom's house for yet another get together. And we will have a nice quiet, messy house. So after a little clean up, we'll probably go hike up our favorite short trail up South Mountain. And then back home to play with our Christmas toys! Hope it's a wonderful holiday for everyone... Merry Christmas!

-------------------------
Biz, glad you had a chance to stop by. I'm sure we'll all get back to a normal eating routine after the holidays and will just have to forgive ourselves in the meantime! And yes, I do think the resetting thing is real. I know that when I have completed my last P2 round that I will be scrupulous about abiding by the no sugar and starch rule and easing into them in P4. Knowing that i still have one more round of P2 this time makes it a little more forgivable to bend the rules, but I won't take any chances for my final P3... I want to make sure I reset correctly!

Mary, I'm thinking of it as a little teeny detour and plan to get back on the straight and narrow soon. And it also depends on the weight gain. I think if I don't go over the 2lb limit, I might be more willing to risk little deviations. I'm just trying to not let it get out of hand, if you know what I mean! It's all a personal journey and we're all just taking responsibility for our own choices, right!

Lili, I did have a gain, but not catastrophic, so I'm content. And yes, it was totally worth it! I'm highly suspicious of the "Hour of Power" myself, but I guess we can always use it as a justification if we do go crazy on the carbs! So far, I don't think the little cheats have done much lasting harm. But again, I'm going to try to keep them to a minimum. I don't want to end up losing a bunch of weight that I've lost once already when I start my next round. I want to start close to my LIW!

Happy Holiday to all!

3 comments:

maryg911 said...

You have been busy missy!! I did some shopping this morning, not much and the stores were NOT packed, until later I'm sure!! congrats on the small gain!! It will come off in the next couple of days, uh, after tomorrow I should say!! Happy Holidays!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful grandma you are! The dress sounds like every little girl's dream -- do post pix of it when you're done!

I know, the "hour of power" theory is a bit nutty.

Have a great day today! Sounds fun!

BizBuzz said...

Oh my! Another seamstress in our midst, I just love it! I can't wait to see pics!

Looks like you are doing just peachy my friend. Great going there. Back home now myself and so getting back into the swing of things. Hope to hear from you soon!