R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Things I want to do this year...

Hi and Happy New Year to all of you bloggers out there! Sorry I still don't have any stats to post since I didn't get home until this afternoon, way too late to weigh in. I think my weight won't be too bad though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I had absolutely NO alcohol for New Year's Eve, party due to the fact that we were with a friend who is newly sober and we didn't feel good about drinking in front of him and really didn't feel the need to. We had a great dinner of steak and crab legs and then hung out playing cards until after the New Year rang in. So it was a very nice low key way to spend the year end. It's good to be home though, and we spent the rest of the afternoon taking down our dried out Christmas tree and packing away the decorations. Some of our kids and grandkids came over for dinner tonight so that was pleasant. I'm hoping I'll see my other grandkids tomorrow. I haven't had much time to make the rounds of the regular blogs, but I've tried to check in on Biz's every day and yesterday I saw her request for a list of things that we couldn't do last year but will be able to do this year thanks to Dr. Simeon's and HCG. So I tried not to think too much about it ahead of time and then just sat down and tried to write as many as I could think of in 10 minutes. So here's my list:

  • I will be able to go back to my doctor's office with a significant weight loss and better overall health due to the reduction.
  • I will go to the gym and not feel self conscious about doing an aerobics or yoga class.
  • I will be able to start hiking and walking on a regular basis.
  • I will be able to consider trying a beginners running program again.
  • I will be able to go places with my grandkids and be able to keep up with them.
  • I will feel good about going to the lake (wearing a swimsuit) instead of being uncomfortable about my weight.
  • I will feel good about going camping (wearing shorts) instead of being uncomfortable about my weight.
  • I will be able to choose clothes based on how stylish and cute they are rather than how to disguise my bloated figure.
  • I will not be afraid to run into people that knew me when I was thin and have them see me as a "fat" woman.
  • I will be able to have a picture taken without trying to hide behind everyone else in the picture.
  • I will be able to start swimming in our pool when guests come over rather than when no one else is around.
  • I will feel good about going dancing with my husband instead of feeling uncomfortable about my size.
  • And I already kind of said this, but I'll be able to wear cute (small) clothes again and actually LIKE how I look in them.

Okay, now that I'm looking over my list, there are an awful lot of these that are all about how I look, but since I have been so unhappy about how I look with this extra weight, I guess that should be expected. I'm also thinking that I'm very lucky that I found this solution before I started having serious health problems that would not be so easily reversed. I really do feel that this will extend my life and add to the quality of my life to a huge extent. So I've said it before, but I'll never stop saying "Thank you Dr. Simeon's from the bottom of my heart!"

--------------------------------------------------------

Biz, I'll have to keep a closer eye on what is worse for me, salty or sweet. I always have used a lot of salt and I try to use sea salt but I don't think it really bothers me that much. It probably is either sugar or starches or BOTH! I plan to do about a 4 week break which puts me at a start date of January 18th for my first injection. So it will be very close to yours and JPS's. Maybe I'll even wait until the 20th so I'll be in sync with you guys! It's very hard to believe it will be the last one... I talked to my husband about trying it with me and he's still not sure, but I'm hoping he'll go for it along with me. I'm giving him some time to think it over and I'll be sure to give him the FAQ responses from the guys to read. (Thanks for that, the timing worked out great for me!)

Mary, Happy New YEAR girl! Hope yours was a good one. I'll post my stats tomorrow!

2 comments:

BizBuzz said...

What a totally excellent list! I loved every single one of your items.

I totally understand about the whole drinking with someone who is sober. It's funny Becca, that is exactly how I feel about this protocol, and the thoughts I was trying to convey when I was going off on that 'why be on protocol while everyone else is eating during special times' thing last month. I wouldn't want everyone one else to feel uncomfortable to eat if they knew I couldn't - and even tho AA says these things will arise, it's just the "kind" thing to do.

You don't need to DRINK to have a good time eh? You just proved it!

WOO HOO FOR YOU! It would be PHENOM if you were with the group that is starting on the 20th! But you do what is best for you!

XOXOX

maryg911 said...

Hey Becca love your list, you brought up a good point about the picture taking, I completely understand. Glad you made it home safe and sound.