R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Sunday, June 8, 2008

VLCD #47 - Home from the North - Doing great...

I will not post official stats until tomorrow morning's weigh in, but I couldn't resist weighing in this evening before I jumped in the shower after 2 days without weighing (or showering - yuck!) and I got a pleasant surprise. Friday morning's weight was 146 and this afternoon I weighed in at 144.2. Now this was before dinner, but WOW! I think I'll have a nice loss to record tomorrow morning.

The camping trip was fun. We went to a campground near a lake so my two 8 year old grandsons could go fishing and exploring. They had a great time and only complained about being bored a few times. They are cousins and only five months apart in age. They are best friends and get along great, but have the same rivalry and dynamics as siblings. The older is the boss but the younger often will exert his rebellion loudly but the ensuing fights usually only last for a short time. And I'm glad we have been able to introduce them to camping and fishing because they probably wouldn't have much chance to go with their parents since both of their mom's are not the outdoor type. But hopefully they will always look back on these time with their grandparents fondly and will pass the experiences along to their children some day.

And for us, the best part of the weekend was getting out of the heat. We went from 100+ temps to the nice pine forests of northern Arizona where the temps were in the low 70's during the day and COLD for us, in the 50's at night...

I stuck to the protocol completely with the exception of a taste low fat caramel dip that the kids were dipping their apple slices into. I just dipped a little taste and it was enough to satisfy that craving, which was really more like an impulse to taste. I'm hoping it won't have an effect on the morning's weigh in...

Well I'm still doing laundry from the trip, so I'll sign off for now. Have a good night peeps and happy losing!

--------------------

Marygirl! How did those hotdogs taste? I was pretty bored with my food choices this weekend, chicken, chicken and more chicken... blah!

Thanks B, the trip was fun... And you are doing great with the English!

1 comment:

maryg911 said...

The hot dogs were great!! I'm glad to hear you had a great time and enjoying some cooler weather!!

Love ya, take care!!