R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Break Day#9 - This is Friday's post, just didn't get it posted in time...

R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
LIW for Break 146.0 (5-19-08)
Yesterday's weight 147.6
Today’s weight 147.4
Overnight loss - .2 lbs
1.4 lbs OVER LIW

I’m very pleased with how well I’m maintaining my weight. I’m only 1.2 above my LIW and not really having any issues. My book club met last night and the hostess chose an Italian restaurant which is one of the hardest to negotiate for P2 and for P3. They put a basket of yummy looking bruschetta on the table when we sat down and that was my biggest temptation. I successfully resisted it though. I had a salad with grilled chicken for dinner. Those huge plates of pasta that my friends were eating looked so delicious. I had a big twinge of wishing that I was finished with this protocol so that I could dig into a big bowl… Seriously though, I don’t think I’ll ever look at pasta and bread the same way. In the future I’ll try to think of starches as a condiment which should be taken in small doses.

Okay now I’ve got to tell you about the Wii Fit that my daughter got this week. She’s been telling me to come over and try it out so yesterday I stopped by to see what all the fuss was about. It comes with a DVD for the program and what looks like a large bathroom scale for the participant to stand on. When you step on it it has you set up your profile. You choose an avatar and enter your age, and height info. It weighs you and tells you if you if you are Normal, underweight or overweight, or obese. It was gratifying to see that I was in the normal range. Then it checks your posture and balance. It has you try to stay balanced and keep a bar on the screen within a color range. Each time you do this for a specified amount of time, it then gives you a smaller target to go for. You just stand on the platform and shift your weight until the bar is in the right zone and try to keep it there until the timer goes off. This tells the machine how good your posture and balance is. Then it calculates your Wii Fit age based on all the info entered and your test results. I managed to get through all of the screens on the first try and ended up with a Wii fit age of 37, 17 years younger than my actual. My SIL came through when it was displaying my results and said that his first time his Wii fit age was 44! So now I have that to tease him about! LOL! Then I tried some of the exercises on it and I can see that it would be very effective. I will have to go over there and use it often. So let me know if anyone else has tried it. Too fun!

---------------------------------------

Shelly, you sure did stop by at the right time! Got to see the trip report! Good to hear from you girl...

Monica, Thanks for the compliment! And you already to look great too! We are all getting hotter as the protocol goes on because we're making it work for us...

Thank you Jan! Now I just need to get finished with the protocol so I can start taking better care of my skin... My daughter is an esthetician so I want to take advantage of that.

Thanks Mary, I was nervous about posting the bikini pic, but where else could I show it and not feel too self conscious? At least you all realize how hard won it is!

Thanks Liz, it seems to be working for me this time!

2 comments:

maryg911 said...

That's impwessive that you're better than you're SIL on the Wii, ha!! I commend you for resisting all that pasta and bread. I know when I've given in I realize that it just doesn't taste the same as I remember it or craved it. Good for you!!

Love ya, take care!!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Becca you are so smokin' HOT! OMG, this is the first time I've seen your adorable pics! Ed and I were sitting here looking at them together and he said "damn, girl!" That means you’re hot! LOL

Sounds like your trip was wonderful and you hardly even gained-awesome!

I'm assuming you haven't started P2yet...what's the plan girlfriend?

You look so great and don't even need another round!!!

BTW, LOVE the suit (can you hear us whistle)?!