R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Break Day # 7 - Trip report....

Here are just a few pics of our trip. I'm waiting for our friends to send the ones they took of us on their camera...
City Walk in Orlando. DH's company was staying at the Hard Rock Hotel.
Waiting for our dinner reservation
Okay, keep in mind that I've still got a few pounds to go, but not bad for a 54 year old grandma huh?

R3 P2 Starting weight on 4-7-8 158.2
LIW for Break 146.0 (5-19-08)
Yesterday's weight 148.6
Today’s weight 147.4
Overnight loss - 1.2 lbs
1.4 lbs OVER LIW

I managed to make it until dinnertime doing the egg day yesterday and then I caved and had a big taco salad for dinner. But I’m please to see that I still had a nice loss this morning so I’m within the two pound range of my LIW. I am still going to go higher on the protein today to see if I can get it down a little closer, but I’m not too worried about it. I have a few days to work on it before the weekend and then I’ll be going back on HCG on Monday.

I didn’t get much chance to talk about my trip yesterday and just in case you’re interested, I’ll give you a few highlights today…

I took the red-eye from Phoenix to Orlando on Wednesday night so I was kind of wiped out for my first day in Florida, but that day was spent traveling towards our destination on the gulf. We were staying at a little hotel on the beach on Treasure Island. It turned out to be a nice location and it had a teeny kitchen so we were able to eat our breakfasts and lunches there. I made scrambled eggs with sautéed onions every morning so I got a good start on the day. Then for lunch, while the other three were having sandwiches, I had a huge salad with lots of veggies, cheese and chopped turkey meat. And RANCH dressing! So good after eating mostly dry salads for the last month.
Thursday after we checked in we went for a long walk down the beach to see what was there. They were in the midst of setting up a big stage on the beach with several other concession trailers. We found out that they were having their memorial day concerts and art fair there for the weekend. So we had that to look forward to! Dinner was a nice seafood meal at a place called Crabby Bill’s. That’s my hubby’s name so we had to get him a t-shirt of course! (see below) Oh and my hubby introduced our friends to the wonders of Key Lime Pie. I had a tiny taste.

Friday we spent on the beach people watching and gathering shells. The water in the Gulf was such a comfortable temperature that we could swim without getting too cold and it was just sunny enough to dry us off, but not enough to make it really hot. Unfortunately, it felt so cool that we didn’t re-apply our sunscreen often enough and we all ended up with sunburns on our first day! Shame on us, since we are Arizonians and we know how important it is to use sunblock. All I can say is that the cool ocean breezes had us fooled! Dinner was at Sculley's on the boardwalk at John’s Pass, down the road from Treasure Island. I indulged in crabcakes, yummm! Desert for the other three was Key Lime pie again. I had just a taste of my hubby’s.
Saturday we did a little shopping and then headed over to John’s Pass again to rent a couple of wave runners. The other couple we were with had never tried them before but ended up just having a blast! It was different riding these in the ocean waves and I laughed so hard each time my husband launched us into the air on the top of a 4 foot wave. Once we hit it just right and were probably 10 feet above the water before crashing down! After we got back, our friends got directions to the bakery where all the local restaurants got their key lime pie from and we decided to go find it. 30 minutes later, we were on our way back home with a fresh pie in tow and even better, I scored a slice of SF chocolate cream pie! We ate our treat by the pool once we got back. Dinner was actually pizza that night since our friends wanted to try a place across from our hotel. Luckily they had a low carb crust version which had a whole wheat crust about as thick as a tortilla. I had two small slices and a side salad.
Sunday was our last day and we decided to go to Fort De Soto which was named the nations #1 beach in 2005. And it was a very nice beach although on Memorial weekend it was naturally quite crowded. We wanted to take the ferry to Egmont key so we could go snorkeling but we didn’t realize the last one left at 11am. We missed it by 20 minutes. So then we decided to rent kayaks and take the self guided tour of the mangroves. That was quite enjoyable and we saw several manatees and once were close enough to reach in the water and touch one. Unfortunately none of my pictures turned out. All you can see is churning water! We had to head back to Orlando to check into our hotel. Then we hit the Universal City walk for dinner at Bubba Gump’s Shrimp factory. Very touristy, but fun. The food was okay, but could have been better. I had salmon but should have tried to find a fresh local fish for my meal. The rum drinks were really good though!
Monday was an early trip to the airport and back home to AZ. On the way home from the airport we stopped at my fave Mexican food restaurant, Macayo’s, for dinner. Sure was glad to sleep in my own bed again!

----------------------------------------------

Jan, I was happy to see the small gain for the week. I would have had a heart attack if I had seen 10 pounds!

Victoria, yes I think the exercise was helpful. We did a lot of walking each day in addition to the fun stuff. And the weather was so wonderful it wasn’t hard to keep moving…
Jenn! thanks for stopping by!
Mary, yes, I see that you've been a naughty girl again!
B, so I gave you some more details. I am going to try to post some pics too!

5 comments:

smacmo said...

OMG Becca, I stopped by at just the right time! I think you look FABULOUS! Glad you had such a great time on your vacation!

applebottomblues said...

Well well well... somebody's a HOT MAMA! You look great! I hope to look half as good as you do and I'm 35! I'm glad you had such a fun vacation. Thanks for posting the pictures.

triplejtb said...

excellent pictures Becca..I've said it before...I can't believe your a grandmother...you're taking real good care of yourself

---Jan---

maryg911 said...

Great pics!! Becca, you look hot in your bikini!!! Sorry to hear about your sunburn. Keep us posted!!

Love ya, take care!!

Liz said...

Becca,
Look at you! YOU are a HOT grandma!
Sounds like your trip was terrific! I hope I can keep it to LIW on my trip. I will follow your lead on this and try to stick to eggs and salad! LOL. Anyway... You've done great! :)