R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

VLCD #34 R2P2 - Last day on R2 VLCD!

(Starting weight first round: 198 10-5-7)
(R1P2 LIW 160.4 12-18-07 )
R2P2 Starting weight 167.8
Weight lost this round 16.8 lbs.
Monday's weight 151.0 (And LIW)
Tuesday's weight 150.8
Today's weight 149.8
Loss of 1.0 lb

You know that it’s a woman’s prerogative to change her mind, so when I woke up on Tuesday and was only down .2 lbs from my weight the day before, I made a snap decision not to inject, but to use the previous day’s weight as my LIW. So my last injection was on Monday and my LIW is 151.0 lbs. I was holding out hope that I would be able to end this round under 150 but realized that I was fixating on a number and I needed to listen more to my body and go with what felt right. I had been feeling more hunger in the past week and had started thinking more and more about the P3 foods that were coming up in the near future and since I had gained .6 since Sunday and then only lost .2 of that on Monday, it just made me realize that I wanted to be done. So it’s a day earlier than I was planning, which gives me the day before I leave on my ski trip to be able to eat P3 foods. And I’ll be able to get my mind and body ready for keeping to plan on P3 so that I can sail through it without the gains that I had on the last one. I know it’s possible to do it, since I maintained successfully the first time I went to P3 during the middle of my first P2 round when I did a planned interruption so that I could travel to Ohio for a funeral. On that trip, I didn’t take my scale, I didn’t stick religiously to the “no sugars no starches” rule and I also didn’t really spend too much time thinking about how and what I should be eating. I just tried to get plenty of protein and fresh fruit and veggies every day. And then I ate whatever anyone else was eating and just tried to leave the breads, pastas, potatoes and desserts alone. There were some mornings that we didn’t have time to cook breakfast and I ate toast with peanut butter and other times I sampled things that were no no’s, but stopped with just a taste. And I came home within the allowable 2 pounds over my LIW. I was surprised and pleased that it went so smoothly since I didn’t have the time or emotional bandwidth to devote any energy to the maintenance effort and although I did monitor my weight on my MIL’s old analog scale, I really wasn’t sure how that would relate to my actual weight once I was back home and using my own scale again.
Now the next time I went on P3, it was an entirely different story. I planned it to land during the Christmas holiday so that I wouldn’t feel deprived and like many of us, I completely fell off the no sugar and starch wagon during this time and ended up 4.0 lbs over my LIW. I did everything wrong on this P3. Eating the wrong things and then NOT doing a steak or egg day on the day I experienced the gain. So my first week on R2P2 was spent losing that and the load weight again! And I consider that a big waste of especially valuable HCG time because the first week is when you experience your greatest losses and having to RE-lose what you had already lost the first round is just NOT the right way to go. So lesson learned and noted for the future…

So this explains why I’m on my final day of VLCD today and will you just look at what the scale had in store for me this morning? I’m actually in the 140’s today! Just like Biz says, a watched pot never boils. So when I gave up the idea of that NUMBER that I needed to be, then presto! It just naturally happened in its own time.

So I will be sure to keep posting during my P3 so I can continue to keep myself accountable and have a record of what I'm up to...

Update on MM: She did a 23 day round and had lost 12 pounds as of this morning. Her goal was 15, but she says that all her clothes are fitting great and she even fits into a size 4 now! She's very happy with her results.

LO is having a more difficult time. She is not a cook and has struggled with finding things to eat that she doesn't have to literally choke down. She gained 6 lbs on her load days and although she lost them within the first two days of her VLCD, her losses since then have been slow and erratic and she has gained on a couple of occasions. She still hasn't noticed any changes in how her clothes feel on her either. I have been trying to get her to eat more protein and veggies since I don't think she's been getting her full calories in and have been trying to share my soups and chili with her. I'm very impressed that she has stuck it out and seems determined to follow through. She will be finished with P2 next week and I'll give you an update on her total losses at that time. But please send her all the losing vibes you can!

--------------------------------------

Biz, I knew to check for fillers, but I had to buy them at the grocery store and there wasn't much selection. Plus I was not feeling to great so I just grabbed the ones that weren't chewable. So it's not your bad... it was my bad, but I survived and the Vitamin C flush did the trick, I have no signs of a cold today whatsoever... So I'm happy! And since I quit my injections a day early we're only one day apart... Scrambled eggs with sautéed onions and a sprinkle of cheese for breakky tomorrow! Mmmmmmm...

Yes Mary, P3 again and I plan to do a better job of it this time, I promise!

Monica I'm thrilled with how good I feel now. It will make the trip much more pleasant! I bet you can't wait for this round to be done! Hope you make your goal...

Shelly, yes don't forget next time you feel a cold coming to start that flush right away. It's the best!

7 comments:

applebottomblues said...

WOOO HOOO Becca's in the 140s! I can't wait to join you. Right now I'm trying to get into the 150s before LIW so I'm in the same boat you were in last week. I'm sooo close at 162.1 today so wish me luck.

Yes... keep posting during your P3. I'm really nervous about it and I need all the examples I can get.

Ed & Jennifer said...

Well holy smokes...you got into the 140's Becca Lou!
Yum, your breakfast sounds delish for today. I'm just going to be living through ya'll until we’re done! Please, please give us updates okay?!

Becca, have a wonderful safe trip and don't forget to stop at the Chocolate Factory and eat some sugar free caramels and toffee for me-they are divine!

R2P2...mission completed! (did you hear the robot voice?) LOL

maryg911 said...

Oh, miss Becca, look at those numbers!! So you're back to P3, good for you and enjoy some cheese for me, will ya?!!

Manda said...

Hi Becca.
my name is Manda.
I am just starting my own HCG journey and have found your progress to be so humorous and inspiring. I am learning to use this blogger site still, but I just wanted to say. You go girl. Is there a blogring or anything for HCG. I know I hope to have support and give as well in my own path. THANK YOU AND BLESSINGS!

Becca said...

Hi Manda, thanks for visiting and I'm glad you like my blog!
Welcome to the HCG blog world. If you check my sidebar, I have several other links to bloggers who are also losing with HCG. Please feel free to read these as well. Do you have a blog page?

Renee said...

Wow! Congrats on getting to the 140s! I knew you would get there. Keep us posted on how your P3 goes! Enjoy your trip!

Manda said...

Becca,
My blog is at
http://setmefreehcg.blogspot.com/

I am just starting out and I hope to see myself make as wonderful progress as all the others trying so hard!

Thank you,

-Manda