R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Friday, November 9, 2007

Preparing for P3 and the trip to Ohio

Yesterday was my last injection for this round. I'm continuing the VLCD through tomorrow. Funny thing is, I think I'm actually less hungry today than I have been on most mornings through the entire protocol. Maybe it's just knowing I'll be able to eat a normal breakfast on Sunday! I am looking forward to scrambled eggs with sauteed onions and a side of bacon. I will not even THINK about the toast that I can't have! I'm planning to stay on P3 for 3 weeks and then do SL as long as I need to lose the last 25 lbs. This means I will probably have to stay on P2 during Christmas. But who knows? I may change my mind before I get there and decide to wait until January to do my next P2. It would be nice to have the weight gone before we go skiing though. I could fit into my skinny ski bibs instead of the big ones I had to buy when I gained weight. So you see how I keep going back and forth with this? I guess I need to do a list of the pros and cons and make my decision based on that! I could do that when I'm on the plane going back to Ohio!

Or maybe not, since it turns out that my husband and I will have a little extra luggage with us on that trip. Our 1 year old grandson is going on the trip and instead of travelling with the other kids who are on a different flight, he's going with us. Lots of reasons for that, but it turned out to be the best option. He is a really good baby, but does NOT like to sit still for 4 hours. So we will surely have our hands full! (anybody know of a safe, legal, baby sleeping potion? JK! LOL) So the trip back for my sil's funeral is now kind of turning into a mini reunion. We have two new babies to introduce to the Ohio (and NC) clan. We are really stressing to our crew that this is NOT going to be party time and that they need to respect everyone's feelings and not get too rambunctious. But it is what it is and we are just going to go and be there for the family especially my MIL and BIL.

Signing off for now. I'll post more if I have time later and I'll be taking my laptop to Ohio so when I can get a wireless connection, I'll see if I can post a bit here and there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Becca!! Good for you! Isn't it exciting? Come check out my blog -- I have a list of the rest of the Hcg blog community there, it's a nice bunch of folks.

Where in Ohio are you going? I'm in NE Ohio. There's a Whole Foods nearby, in case you need supplies.

As far as your baby on the plane.. my pediatrician told me to give my toddler a bit of benedryl right before take-off, to put her to sleep for the trip. It actual wound her up like a top -- she was speeding up and down the aisles the whole trip. I told her doctor about it later and he repied, "Well, it sometimes has the opposite effect in kids". NOW he tells me. !!

Of course, Ohio doctors still prescribe paragoric (opium syrup) to teething babies.... we are still a bit in the 19th century here sometimes.

erica said...

You are doing great! I am sooo excited to go on this journey with you. I love you so much and we are going to have a great skinny year!

I started my blog today :) check it out.http://incredibleshrinkinglady.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

Lilli,

I'll be flying into Cleveland and heading to a little town called Andover. It's north of Youngstown, right on the border of Ohio and Pennsylvania.

BizBuzz said...

What Lili said - but I gave mine Dimetap NIGHT TIME, worked like a charm. It also helps with the pressure in the ears believe it or not, they don't know how to clear their ears so the medicine helps that along!

Glad you started blogging!

Way to go on your journey!