R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Thursday, November 8, 2007

next installment

So I was going to the clinic for my shots for the first two weeks. They would give me a 333IU dose on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and then Monday would be considered a "skip" day. Then they asked if I wanted to try to inject them myself and showed me how to do it. I tried the first on in the office and it was not that bad so I said i'd do it. But I really hated it. I had to psyche myself up to do it each day. So the next week I had them do them again. All during this 3 week period, I didn't have any headaches or weakness, but I did feel very hungry in the mornings. I drank tea and ate my apple or orange around 10am if I could hold out that long. Sometimes I found myself eating it at 8:30 or 9 and then impatiently waiting for lunchtime so I could eat again. After lunch I was usually okay until just before dinner when I would be so hungry that my stomach was just snarling at me! So I mentioned it to the nurse at the clinic and asked how they prepared the solution, and how fresh it was, etc. She was a little offended because it turns out that she was the one who always mixed it and she thought I was saying she had done it wrong. So I had to reassure her that I was just wanting info on how it was prepared. She then gave me a few more suggestions to try to help the hunger. One was eating a little extra protein in the am. I said okay, but just decided to deal with the hunger. It wasn't really that unmanageable. So I've been able to go this whole time with no real cheats. Once I actually licked my fingers when making a PB&J for my granddaughter. And once the shock of the sweetness registered on my tongue, I actually grabbed for a paper towel and was scraping it off of my tongue! I got a strange look from the kids on that one! And maybe it was technically cheating when I went out to a Mexican restaurant and ate the grilled chicken fajitas and onions. I avoided the bell peppers, but may have missed one or two. No tortillas or beans, just meat and onions. (and whatever they marinaded them in.) Luckily, I didn't gain from that either.
So here I am at the middle of week 5 and having to quit early so that I can go to Ohio to attend my sister-in-law's funeral. I'm going to end this post here, but I want to write some more on this topic, so this is to be continued...

No comments: