R3P2 - 4-7-8 starting weight for R3 is 158.2

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Losing it...

So this is my blog. I've been meaning to start it for several weeks now, but circumstances have been interfering. So this first post will be split into a few sections to give a time line of what has occured since I started the HCG almost 6 weeks ago. Actually, it will go back a little further so I can explain how I found out about HCG and made the decision to try it. I will try to reconstruct the events as closely as my middle aged memory will allow!

Mini Bio:I am a 53 year old Grandmother of 8 wonderful grandkids ranging in age from 2 months to 13 years. My husband and I have 5 great kids between us and they all bring us much joy. We like to ski, hike and scuba dive.

Mid August 2007

My husband travels a lot and during one of his trips this summer, I was a little bored and flipping through the channels and one title caught my eye. I can't remember what it said, but when I tuned in, it turned out to be an infomercial about KT's weight loss cure. I was intrigued enough to order the book. It came and I started reading it. So my first impression was oh man, was this a big waste of money. My husband just noticed that I was reading "another" diet book and I didn't even discuss it with him at the time because I thought it was so "OUT THERE!". For one thing, his commercial had said that you could lose this weight without spending much money, but then he listed PAGES of cleanses and supplements you should take as well as switching to all organic and natural foods and personal care items. So just adding up what that would cost brought it to over $1000 to get started. But I kept thinking about the HCG and how using the diet could re-set the hypothalamus. I really wanted to believe that something like that could be possible. Because I knew for a fact that the many methods of dieting that I had been using in the last few years did NOT work long term. They were making my weight problem worse. I was so tired of struggling to diet for weeks at a time and not seeing any progress. Then giving up and GAINING another 10 lbs.
So reading KT's book almost made me abandon the whole theory, but before I gave it up completely, I went online and found a copy of Dr. Simeons's manuscript, "Pounds and Inches". I quickly read it over a few times and became encouraged enough to continue searching for info. I finally found a local clinic that used HCG as one of their weight loss methods. I was kind of pricey, but even so, it was less than doing KT's method.
My husband was getting ready to go on another business trip. I was very anxious about discussing it with him mostly because I was afraid of his disapproval. Maybe because I still thought it was the most extreme thing I had ever tried. So I just kind of mentioned to him that I was thinking of starting a new diet and it was pretty different than what I'd tried before. And was he interested? So when he didn't ask for more details, I just left it at that and once he was gone, I went for the consultation and signed up on the spot. I had to go for a full blood work-up and then took my first injection early the next week. The clinic followed Dr. S's protocol with the exception of allowing broccoli and cauliflower as vegetable choices. I was happy to hear that I could have my favorite, broccoli on the plan. I have had it throughout my treatment and it would have been a lot harder for me without it. So yes, it's a deviation from the original plan, but I've still been successful at my weight loss.

I'm ending for today, but I'll pick up where I left off when I get a chance to post again soon.

No comments: